EDC XI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GpXSr7g.jpg

I've been pondering for a while what knife to bring for my week of vacation abroad - what I ended up edc'ing was the Opinel #8 in oak. My rationale: Excels at cutting up fruit, surprisingly impervious to sand, works well also when slightly dull (blade geometry), easy to sharpen, sheeple-friendly, and easily replacable if lost, stolen, or confiscated.

DDM6aH2.jpg

s5bJgKL.jpg

Now I'm back home, and the BM 940 is in my pocket again...

Halden, is that the 0562 or the 0566? Nice CF. I've been interested in a Hinderer design for my next ZT. How's the flipping action on it? The KSF listing suggests it needs a bit of wrist-roll when opening.
--Steve

0562CF. And the flipping action is perfect. Typical ZT snappiness. No hint of wrist needed.

20170821_094151.jpg

Yesterday I stumbled upon a little shop close to my gym and found they had four Wengers from the '90s, new with their boxes, just collecting dust on a self. Bought them all. One of them is this buffalo horn handle Traveler (equivalent to a Vic Climber). Lovely colour and texture.

Not Halden, but I'm pretty sure it's a 0562. I don't know about his, but I was able to "light switch" mine as soon as I figured out how to keep my fingers off the lock bar. :) I don't recall ever needing to wrist roll it to get it to flip open.

Hey steve. I own the 0562 orange/black version and it has the smoothest flipping action out all the flippers I have owned, own or handled to include:zt0456, we602a, boker urban trapper, zt 0350 and guardian tactical Helix(the helix was the second best action after my 0562).
Just my .02

Andy

0562CF. And the flipping action is perfect. Typical ZT snappiness. No hint of wrist needed.

Thanks for your input guys and for adding another knife to the dollar squander list. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back