EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

MyVCuMh.jpg

These two for today.

Been a bit busy so glad I've got a bit of time to post here. I've said this before and I'll say it again when I receive my custom SAK Cybertool but this maker's choice Norseman has become my all time favorite. It's built to my specifications and is my favorite color combo and handle texture. The SAK will be a favorite because it will have my boys' initials and I use my current one constantly to fix toys and for other various tasks. It's currently in Robert Lessard's hands and I use it so much that I purchased a second new one for him to work on. Below is the one that's been carried daily for the last two+ years.

20191119_155548-1134x2016.jpg

It doesn't always show up in this thread when I post pics of my main blade but it's always with me.

20191119_160217-1134x2016.jpg

Does your small Swift have 3D contoured scales to make a palm swell? I'm looking at a small Strizh CF with damascus blade and bronzed back spacer, clip and liners.

They are indeed contoured. Here's a couple end shots so you can see the 3D milling.

L1cY7eI.jpg
zH4wp1M.jpg

They aren't differentially contoured front-to-back as you can see in the shot below. The only knife I have like that is my RJ Martin/TRM Machine.

trfrjBu.jpg

I've always been a bigger knife guy, but also like to have a few smaller ones for more discreet carry. Until I got my Strizh, my NeOn UL was the best in hand of all my sub-3.5" folders. The Strizh affords me a full 4-finger grip with my index in the front choil, my pinkie inside the down-turn at the pommel, and my thumb securely fixed on the blade jimping. The bottom vertical swell helps push the knife up into the radius below my thumb with the clip nestling nicely in the center of my palm. I've got medium hands that are both thick-palmed and -fingered.

I4Ng9Uh.jpg

I know you've got that sweet new HatiOn Lite, so here's a couple pics of my UL next to the Strizh for comparison's sake. As much as I like the flipper action on my NeOn, the style of the Strizh allows for a more forward grip and lets one get the whole hand on the knife. I'm also really fond of the clever linerless linerlock construction which is similar to the NorthArm Skaha I once owned. Along with the CF, that makes the Cheburkov stupidly light.

4PmP3gA.jpg

oJhG4fk.jpg

If the knife you're looking at is the one I think at the Finnish site it's a real beauty. Cheburkovs are a great value--super quality at a very reasonable price. I'm very pleased with my three.

Edit: Yes, I'm on topic here as your post got my Strizh in my pocket for errands and a Dr's appointment today.

Last edited:
They are indeed contoured. Here's a couple end shots so you can see the 3D milling.

If the knife you're looking at is the one I think at the Finnish site it's a real beauty. Cheburkovs are a great value--super quality at a very reasonable price.

Thanks for that pictorial, Chazzy. It’s what I hoped it would be.

And yes, the Finnish site should have more inventory in December. They also have the best price I’ve seen for that model. I put my name on the list.

Thanks for that pictorial, Chazzy. It’s what I hoped it would be.

And yes, the Finnish site should have more inventory in December. They also have the best price I’ve seen for that model. I put my name on the list.
Did I misunderstand which model you wanted? I thought you were looking for one like mine but with a Damascus blade, and there seems to be one in stock there now. Looking back at your original post again, you did mention bronzed liners. Were you interested in the one with inlays? That one appears to have two flat slabs with a 2D inlay on one side and is out of stock.

Why re-anodized? Is that not a stock microtech color?
It looks a little darker copper than mine, just thinking of the process of digging around in those pockets would scratch things up, unless a solvent or a little heat would release the inlays.
I should probably be PMing these questions...:oops:

That’s a great shot. It looks like a really fun area for a ride too. I may get lucky with one or two more rides before I’ll be forced to park my KLR for the winter.
Thanks that is Linville gorge, I've camped on that peak across the gorge where it drops off, it's beautiful. I bought a heated jacket liner hoping to extend my riding season. I rode Saturday temperature was around 50 and even on low the liner was too much I had to turn it off. Not sure how cold I can ride in but I'm going to find out.

Did I misunderstand which model you wanted? I thought you were looking for one like mine but with a Damascus blade, and there seems to be one in stock there now. Looking back at your original post again, you did mention bronzed liners. Were you interested in the one with inlays? That one appears to have two flat slabs with a 2D inlay on one side and is out of stock.

I think this is the one. No inlays. Available in December.

Cheburkov Strizh small Elmax folding knife, Carbon Fibre

Back