EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Touching up tomorrow’s tools.
AwK8MHc.jpg

I think this is the one. No inlays. Available in December.

Cheburkov Strizh small Elmax folding knife, Carbon Fibre

Yeah, that one's like mine with Elmax instead of the Vanadis 8 I have. I got my first two Chebs from a German site--TFG--and they were great to deal with, but the Finnish site seems excellent with lots of inventory, good prices, and free shipping. I've heard of knives from them getting across the pond in couple days plus USPS time this side.

Thanks that is Linville gorge, I've camped on that peak across the gorge where it drops off, it's beautiful. I bought a heated jacket liner hoping to extend my riding season. I rode Saturday temperature was around 50 and even on low the liner was too much I had to turn it off. Not sure how cold I can ride in but I'm going to find out.
I've been riding before when I had to get off and warm my hands on the engine block every couple minutes inspite of my gloves. Not much fun.

Yeah, that one's like mine with Elmax instead of the Vanadis 8 I have. I got my first two Chebs from a German site--TFG--and they were great to deal with, but the Finnish site seems excellent with lots of inventory, good prices, and free shipping. I've heard of knives from them getting across the pond in couple days plus USPS time this side.

I’ve bought from them before. They’re great.

I've been riding before when I had to get off and warm my hands on the engine block every couple minutes inspite of my gloves. Not much fun.
Yes I know the feeling! I've ridden four-wheelers (atv's) into the single digits. Grip heaters on my bikes make a huge difference with the hands, and this heated liner gets down right hot. I'd say I will be good into the upper 30's. Any colder than that I'll take the Jeep!

K390 anyone? And who else likes to improve ergos while destroying resale ability? :D Reground to .020" behind the edge, too. Not sure how thin to go with it yet...

View attachment 1235735

Yes David I'm gonna get me a k390 blade sometime soon. But I have 4 more CRK on my 2019 list first. And I think that's about thin enough. Should be super slicy

Last edited:
K390 anyone? And who else likes to improve ergos while destroying resale ability? :D Reground to .020" behind the edge, too. Not sure how thin to go with it yet...

View attachment 1235735
BB exclusive Ranger green K390 PM2 on the way should be here any day :thumbsup:
I’m hearing good things about K390 and looking forward to this one:cool:

Back