EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Go on. Would love to see .010 and learn from you how it hods up.

You know what actually does really well at between .005" and .010" behind the edge? 8Cr13MoV.

IMG_5679[1].jpg

Those are all Spyderco Resiliences I modified, and they cut cardboard like it isn't even there. I still have the China to polish off of the wharncliffe and the one second from top. Not because I have a problem with China, but they don't get to advertise on knives I put so much of my own finishing work into. China removal doesn't affect lockup.

I carried the wharncliffe today also.

K390 anyone? And who else likes to improve ergos while destroying resale ability? :D Reground to .020" behind the edge, too. Not sure how thin to go with it yet...

View attachment 1235735
Me! Me!.. Resale value down, utility way up. Just my petty $0.02, but Spyderco’s K390 seems to support a keen, thin edge quite well. I know you don’t mind addressing an occasional tiny chip if you hit some hard ass material, so I’d say you could get it down more BTE without worry (maybe try .015”, even a hair less if for just light use, if you’re feeling slicey, without wanting to push the envelope). Let us know where you end up with it! K390 is awesome stuff

the Finnish site seems excellent with lots of inventory, good prices, and free shipping. I've heard of knives from them getting across the pond in couple days plus USPS time this side.

Ordered from them early AM on a Monday(7 Fin time) by nine AM order was processed, an hour later it was cleared by customs. Wed. it was delivered, got it faster than I would have if I found one in the US. Epicsnugglebunny had an active 10% off coupon code at the time, couldn't resist! I've heard good things about their customer service as well! I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again!

NX1Jj60.jpg

3Ko0IiB.jpg

Last edited:
I know you don’t mind addressing an occasional tiny chip

I'd say this is mostly spot on, but I will also say I don't like consuming the metal, or having to change the lines on an already nice looking knife, if I don't have to. But in the name of science... :thumbsup:

You know what actually does really well at between .005" and .010" behind the edge? 8Cr13MoV.

View attachment 1235739

Those are all Spyderco Resiliences I modified, and they cut cardboard like it isn't even there. I still have the China to polish off of the wharncliffe and the one second from top. Not because I have a problem with China, but they don't get to advertise on knives I put so much of my own finishing work into. China removal doesn't affect lockup.

I carried the wharncliffe today also.

They look amazing.
I just wish every pocket knife is ground like that.

Back