EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Did I misunderstand which model you wanted? I thought you were looking for one like mine but with a Damascus blade, and there seems to be one in stock there now.

You were right. I was somewhere else. :( I just ordered the last one in that configuration. Cheburkov Strizh small Damascus, Carbon Fibre

How do you like that one JasonPaul JasonPaul ? Had a chance to put it to use?

I've cut a few packages open and it's easily one of the sharpest knives out of box I've received. This was one of those I appreciate a lot more in hand than I do on paper or in pictures. I ordered some different color inlays and Freeman threw in a very nice freebie. This was without me asking for a thing or even striking up a convo. I simply ordered the inlays. The ergonomics are fantastic but it won't be popular for those who prefer smaller knives. It's chunky for sure but I like it. Solid lockup and great action. Fidget appeal is up there with the button lock and there's something about the clack it makes when it drops shut into the beefy aluminum handle. Surprisingly light and I'm actually glad I didn't hold out for titanium as it would have been on the heavy side.

a63dc0fa6253d4482f4bceae863c3ae3.jpg

I continue in my belief that the 710 is one of the best folding knives ever made, the 710-1401 being one of the best models of that with its M390 blade, and this one, with it's custom Arizona Ironwood scales, is very close to as good as it gets.

mpDgqce.jpg

yniRzmJ.jpg

Edit:
...and posting right after my man, Keyman Keyman , who made these scales for me and was apparently writing at the same time, well that's a little freaky.:oops:

I continue in my belief that the 710 is one of the best folding knives ever made, the 710-1401 being one of the best models of that with its M390 blade, and this one, with it's custom Arizona Ironwood scales, is very close to as good as it gets.
Edit:
...and posting right after my man, Keyman Keyman , who made these scales for me and was apparently writing at the same time, well that's a little freaky.:oops:

I have a knifeworks M390

I dig the 710-101
BM710101.jpg

Ordered from them early AM on a Monday(7 Fin time) by nine AM order was processed, an hour later it was cleared by customs. Wed. it was delivered, got it faster than I would have if I found one in the US. Epicsnugglebunny had an active 10% off coupon code at the time, couldn't resist! I've heard good things about their customer service as well! I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again!

NX1Jj60.jpg

3Ko0IiB.jpg

Very nice. Is this the small version?

I have a knifeworks M390

I dig the 710-101
BM710101.jpg

That's a beauty that I've often admired. Do you have that one?

Negative.

I wish I did!!!

Siiiiigh. Grail material right there.

If anyone is interested I live by a local dealer that still has 2 brand new 710-101’s (at least the last time that I was there - a couple months ago). I’ve salivated over them for the last several years but have never pulled the trigger. As I recall one of them looks perfect and the other has a very mild scratch.

PM me and I can get you their contact info.

I have a 710-101. Recommend putting it in hand before pulling the trigger. It’s thick and the scales are pretty much 90 degree angles compared to the standard 710. I’m not getting rid of my 710-101, but if I were doing it over I’d probably pass on it. Other opinions will likely differ...FWIW.

Back