EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Wife’s 29th birthday.............again.;)
tAm2epX.jpg
My 20th 29th birthday is coming up next year. It’s a wonderful age to be.

I continue in my belief that the 710 is one of the best folding knives ever made, the 710-1401 being one of the best models of that with its M390 blade, and this one, with it's custom Arizona Ironwood scales, is very close to as good as it gets.

mpDgqce.jpg

yniRzmJ.jpg

Edit:
...and posting right after my man, @Keyman , who made these scales for me and was apparently writing at the same time, well that's a little freaky.:oops:
I love every single thing about this knife except my bad luck with the “omega” springs. I have some BM knives that seem super durable but have broken three of the springs so far in 3-4 years. I’d probably take a flyer on one of these but don’t know if I’d trust it. Regardless, great pics and a sweet knife for sure.

View attachment 1236283just something about good old rugged G10.

Yes. Yes there is.

Today's front right pocket carry was a modded and reground Resilience. I love me some good blade to handle length ratios and lack of Swiss cheese. Some usaknifemaker ti clips arrived today (or technically yesterday), which I'll have to work on with the dremel to make them fit, but I think it's doable.

IMG_5681.JPG

I love every single thing about this knife except my bad luck with the “omega” springs. I have some BM knives that seem super durable but have broken three of the springs so far in 3-4 years. I’d probably take a flyer on one of these but don’t know if I’d trust it. Regardless, great pics and a sweet knife for sure.
Interesting you mention issues with omega spring failure. You’re not alone brother. It only took one failing on me, and I was out. Funny thing is, when I mention it to some folks, they tend to brush it off like it’s a fluke. They keep trying to pull me back in with all these awesome designs, dammit!

Thanks, Scooter. There seems a wide variance in individual experience with omega springs. For my part, I've owned over 3 dozen Benchmades--all, but a few very old school liner-locks, featuring the AXIS lock--and still have at least a couple dozen. I've never had one spring break and most all of my knives see considerable use and plenty of fiddling. There are some who say that unlocking from one side only puts extra strain on springs and I pretty much always pull back on both sides. Could just be luck of the draw for different results too....

Last edited:
Thanks, Scooter. There seems a wide variance in individual experience with omega springs. For my part, I've owned over 3 dozen Benchmades--all, but a few very old school liner-locks, featuring the AXIS lock--and still have at least a couple dozen.
I've never had one spring break and most all of my knives see considerable use and plenty of fiddling. There are some who say that unlocking from one side only puts extra strain on springs and I pretty much always pull back on both sides. Could just be luck of the draw for different results too....

I concur.
2 finger opening, zero spring failures for me.

Thanks, Scooter. There seems a wide variance in individual experience with omega springs. For my part, I've owned over 3 dozen Benchmades--all, but a few very old school liner-locks, featuring the AXIS lock--and still have at least a couple dozen. I've never had one spring break and most all of my knives see considerable use and plenty of fiddling. There are some who say that unlocking from one side only puts extra strain on springs and I pretty much always pull back on both sides. Could just be luck of the draw for different results too....
Assuming luck if the draw as I’ve always been a double springer. A shame since it’s ruined my trust in them.

Interesting you mention issues with omega spring failure. You’re not alone brother. It only took one failing on me, and I was out. Funny thing is, when I mention it to some folks, they tend to brush it off like it’s a fluke. They keep trying to pull me back in with all these awesome designs, dammit!
ScooterG is right. Every single day like sitting on a goddamn TNT barrel.

15743308127560.jpg

And we have one guy, at ru forum, who actually had probably most bad luck on them, he just hates them, sold all axis knives and doesnt buy hogue rsk, James whatsoever. Wants coil type, seems like he is sure it is all about the shape. Am not buying any more axis knuvs after reading all he said.

Back