EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I gotta resend my 25 in for the broken blade. I sent it in awhile back, they, the USPS lost it, luckily I insured the heck out of it and of course a few weeks after I filed a loss claim, a mangled Priority Mail box showed up in a tyvek envelope with a letter stating it was found behind one of the sorting conveyors.

Looked like someone played kickball with it, i was just so happy to get it back I didn’t even care it was still broke. I do need to send it back though, I really miss the 25, iirc someone in the office said the 25 blade is no longer available.

I sure hope they still have replacement blades Ted. That would suck if they don’t. I remember when that happened. Had to have been partially cracked for it to snap from a drop. More than likely, it was cracked around the thumb stud area.

I sure hope they still have replacement blades Ted. That would suck if they don’t. I remember when that happened. Had to have been partially cracked for it to snap from a drop. More than likely, it was cracked around the thumb stud area.
If I’m not mistaken they said they’d put the current style blade, used in the Inkosi since technically the “25 “ is no longer made.

Either way I might wait till after the holiday rush when mail service is less likely to mess up and lose it again before I try to get it replaced again.

UnUkvWK.jpg

It looks very slick. My only experience with the front flipper style is the real steel metamorph and I quite like it.

Thanks its a well made knife and i was actually kinda shocked how good it is. I dig front flippers also and own a few (6 i think) including a couple metamorphs which was actually my first FF about a year ago. The Indiana knives exclusive in G10 is my favorite version of the metamorph which fixed the traction issues of the aluminum version. The boos smoke CM1 is on my list and Id love a higher end model like a shamwari or a trevor burger EXK/LEXK.

Thanks its a well made knife and i was actually kinda shocked how good it is. I dig front flippers also and own a few (6 i think) including a couple metamorphs which was actually my first FF about a year ago. The Indiana knives exclusive in G10 is my favorite version of the metamorph which fixed the traction issues of the aluminum version. The boos smoke CM1 is on my list and Id love a higher end model like a shamwari or a trevor burger EXK/LEXK.

I have the IK version and regular version 1. Hows the bestech compare as far as action is concerned?

I have the IK version and regular version 1. Hows the bestech compare as far as action is concerned?
I like the metamorph G10 and as you know its pretty good for the price point with its unique roller bearings. the blade is pretty lightweight for the closing action but will shake shut. The shinkansen has a thicker (heavier) blade which aids in a fall shut under its own weight, guillotine like closing action and that was straight out the box with zero tuning. I compared the action as close to my CKF makosha which costs almost double and has MRBS. Ill put it this way, these 2 knives ruined what I thought a good action was.
IMG_1487.jpg

Back