EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I took the garbage out to the enclosure between our two lots and watched while our famous local climbing Turtle worked its way from the lid of the ash can where it was sunning itself...

QbmtUDn.jpg

...up the twisted Wisteria that's grown to cover the sides...

IQobknk.jpg

...heading towards the top of the corner post.

eLPYgOO.jpg

After a mail call it's going to be this little oddball for the rest of the day: a DPX HEAT/F. :)

Size-wise, the closest knife to it that I own is the Kizer Feist -- but of modern knives I've owned overall, its form factor is pretty similar to the Kizer Mini Sheepdog. It fits squarely in the watch pocket of my jeans. (I've never handled a Spyderco Techno, but in photos it gives off similar "little stout knife" vibes to me.)

I've owned a DPX knife before, the larger HEST folder, and I returned it after about 5 minutes. It had literally zero detent (probably just a lemon) and the butt-mounted pocket clip was an ergonomic nightmare in my hand. This little guy is perfect, though. The 3D machined Ti scales feel amazing, and I love knives I can use as worry stones. :D

pbDSBHn.jpg

After a mail call it's going to be this little oddball for the rest of the day: a DPX HEAT/F. :)

Size-wise, the closest knife to it that I own is the Kizer Feist -- but of modern knives I've owned overall, its form factor is pretty similar to the Kizer Mini Sheepdog. It fits squarely in the watch pocket of my jeans. (I've never handled a Spyderco Techno, but in photos it gives off similar "little stout knife" vibes to me.)

I've owned a DPX knife before, the larger HEST folder, and I returned it after about 5 minutes. It had literally zero detent (probably just a lemon) and the butt-mounted pocket clip was an ergonomic nightmare in my hand. This little guy is perfect, though. The 3D machined Ti scales feel amazing, and I love knives I can use as worry stones. :D

pbDSBHn.jpg

I like the heat, I wish they would make a full sized model. Like 3.25-3.5" with a 4.5" handle...... ish.

Back