EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

That is quite a nice package. Thanks for sharing, I have not seen these before. How do you like it? What steel does it use?

It really is better then i expected it to be. I haven't been in love with a knife like this for awhile. I kind of was getting bored with knives here recently, so decided to venture into the traditional/slip joint world. So i couldn't really give a fair comparison to other traditional knives, but as just being a knife, i recommend it.

It uses Sandvik 13c26, but also comes in a carbon steel, if thats your thing. Everything on mine is flush (the pins, bolsters, spine/spring) and with all that file work, it is crisp yet no sharp corners anywhere.

The Juniper wood has a beautiful pattern to it and smells very pleasant. Many say it has a peppery smell, and kind of like an incense too, without being too over whelming. Pocket slip is nice as well. It really brightend up my day :)

It really is better then i expected it to be. I haven't been in love with a knife like this for awhile. I kind of was getting bored with knives here recently, so decided to venture into the traditional/slip joint world. So i couldn't really give a fair comparison to other traditional knives, but as just being a knife, i recommend it.

It uses Sandvik 13c26, but also comes in a carbon steel, if thats your thing. Everything on mine is flush (the pins, bolsters, spine/spring) and with all that file work, it is crisp yet no sharp corners anywhere.

The Juniper wood has a beautiful pattern to it and smells very pleasant. Many say it has a peppery smell, and kind of like an incense too, without being too over whelming. Pocket slip is nice as well. It really brightend up my day :)

I was doing a little research about them online, and they seem very nice. I can appreciate stepping into the more obscure offerings, and especially with them being hand made. These look like they would be a great slicing knife and the file work looks great. Thanks for the reply!

I got a Vic in the bag today. RangerGrip 71 Gardener. Crazy large knife.

Not surprisingly, the motivation for getting this model is not in the blade, but in the large heavy duty scissors.

Testing out this 80crv2 blade and first kydex sheath. I'm pretty happy so far.
3nqqfv5.jpg

nZZuQMS.jpg

rEnHDZq.jpg

I’ve got the Police4 on me today. I got it last Fall and haven’t carried it a ton. I really like it and its 3mm blade should be wicked slicey, though the factory edge needs some work. I wish it had a lanyard hole and hope to find a better solution than just looping the clip for that. I’m thinking about dremelling a channel in the G10 and using the tip-down hole in the clip for attachment.

bHLepY6.jpg

NlUyfUZ.jpg

Back