EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Was carrying a Spyderco Amalgam for a couple of weeks and just swapped it out for a Spyderco Tropen.

It's design and purpose is largely misunderstood but is made clear when you understand that it is a fighting knife.

The SD features include the 4" upswept blade (designed more for slicing than stabbing, although it can clearly be used for both), the swale in the spine (that has both defensive and offensive uses), the flipper and Emerson tabs and tip up carry (which enable quick blade deployment) and very comfortably designed polished G10 scales that look like old school micarta (which makes holding the knife in a hammer or backhanded grip very comfortable).You can also quickly open the blade w/a flick of the wrist by simply releasing and re-engaging the compression lock in a timed action, as you can with all other Spyderco knives w/a compression lock.

Critics of the knife complain about the 1/2" of exposed edge of the blade when closed in the compression lock cutout on the clip side of the knife BUT I have never even come close to cutting myself on this edge. So, it has never been an issue to me.

Just one of many Spyderco fighting knives that I own but definitely one of my favorites.

spyderco-tropen-folding-knife-c2737g-pocket-knife-edc-knife-carry-knives-5.jpg

Is it a flipper? I see a flipper tab and an emerson wave like tab on the top.... interesting blade

Off :
Just if someone wanted to check the days gone. , there is no need to watch from the beginning, this is a perfect scene just to watch without the full plot.
VA gig is hard to overrate.
From 29:20

Back