EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I had both for about a year and recently sold the auto and kept the manual. I got the auto first and it kicks like a pissed off mule. It would be more manageable if the clip was tip up so you have a place for better grip. Everything else about the knife was amazing so I got a manual. The pivot rides on bearing on both models so it's smooth as butter. I can't carry autos in my state so I never carried the auto (another reason I sold it) but I did edc the manual for a few weeks and while it is a big knife, it wasn't any more noticeable than my bugouts when in my pocket. It is an intimidating knife so I rarely pulled it out around people. I still have it in my edc rotation with a bugout, bailout m4 and 940-2. I'd highly recommend it to anyone even thinking about getting one. I think the manual is a much better knife.

fTUbFcP.jpg
Thanks for your insight since I was on the fence between the manual and the auto.
Ended up ordering a manual so your post has confirmed I’ve made a good decision.

I really enjoy seeing that knife whenever you post it, Zep. Truly one of my favorites here with its stealthy, blackwash vibe--just a super finish that'll only look better and better with use. The 801's a great platform and I love mine, but it unfortunately never makes it to these pages as it's just too pretty and its finish too fragile to carry. The last time I did, I spent a whole evening re-sanding the fine scratches out of the bolster area. I do love it, though, and it's one of the few drawer queens I'll probably always keep.

Oh--great pic too, brother! :)

idx2dca.jpg

TTmYoYV.jpg

nMv7SdI.jpg

Edgeoflife Edgeoflife I’m really looking forward to mine and liking yours a lot :thumbsup:
I’ve got a signature series on the way not sure of the blade steel since I put my order in online but put a request in from top to bottom of my choices :thumbsup: I’ll be happy though either way. I’ve found myself liking bigger knives more and more these days for some reason.
I’ve heard they have some really nice action and is why I decided to go manual. Plus I’ve got the Protech strider auto and MT OTF already and another MT OTF on the way ;)

Cant wait to see those. I love big knives as well as my ultratech and i really like that protech strider! Havent owned any Protechs yet but always wanted one and been thinking that strider collab looks nice.

Cant wait to see those. I love big knives as well as my ultratech and i really like that protech strider! Havent owned any Protechs yet but always wanted one and been thinking that strider collab looks nice.
Great minds think a like my friend.
I really like my Protech strider SNG it fires hard and fast. It’s a nice size knife but is very light and pocket friendly. I normally wear carpenters pants so carry my main blades in my side leg pocket so it disappears and makes carrying larger folders not a issue and totally different then carrying in your front pocket at least for me. I’m really excited for the knives on the way and even some are a surprise to me as far as what I’ve chose. It’s been a great start to my knife year and don’t think I’ve ever been as happy with every knife I currently own. The only problem is I’m now starting to run out of room in my safe unless I keep some in there boxes lol and I have a nice size almost refrigerator size safe :eek:
Btw I really like your MT Ultratech and is what started me on another MT run :D

Last edited:
I like the OD green handle! Ive never noticed until just now looking at your pic of the two side by side that the auto doesnt have the external blade stops. While they are also used as the deployment method on the manual, they are a nice feature on the socom for lateral strength/support imo and im surprised to see the lack of them on the auto.
I liked the color too so it took a few months to decide to sell it. The auto uses the button lock as a stop so the external thumb studs wasn't necessary for the auto.
It's just as solid as the manual.

Good info, thanks... now I just need to decide if I can use a 4" knife for daily use... it's such a sweet looking knife!
It's really not as big as it seems once you handle it. I thought the triangular grip would be weird but it's really comfortable. I carried mine for a couple of weeks and still rotate it in every once in a while. I'm usually not a fan of tip down but it does work with this knife. The action is buttery smooth and drops shut almost too easily.

Thanks for your insight since I was on the fence between the manual and the auto.
Ended up ordering a manual so your post has confirmed I’ve made a good decision.
I loved the knife and got the auto initially. I really liked the ergos but not the auto. I also can't carry autos in my state so after reading and watching youtube videos, I got the manual and was so happy I did. It's one of my favorites.

And since this is a picture thread...
jDwmPGw.jpg

I really enjoy seeing that knife whenever you post it, Zep. Truly one of my favorites here with its stealthy, blackwash vibe--just a super finish that'll only look better and better with use. The 801's a great platform and I love mine, but it unfortunately never makes it to these pages as it's just too pretty and its finish too fragile to carry. The last time I did, I spent a whole evening re-sanding the fine scratches out of the bolster area. I do love it, though, and it's one of the few drawer queens I'll probably always keep.

Oh--great pic too, brother! :)

idx2dca.jpg

TTmYoYV.jpg

nMv7SdI.jpg
Wow chazzy that's gorgeous! The 801 is one of my all-time favorite ZT's. It's actually the 2nd one I ever bought. Probably the best flipper in my collection.

Back