EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

New dressed Southard with black micarta custom scale(s), made by rc bladeworks.
Sharp dressed GB 2 with camo canvas micarta scales from sharp dressed knives is on Page 1420.

Kg3Xquz.jpg

Last edited:
Seth, when did they start using the full slab of mircarta? Looks outstanding

I’m a sucker for the 86, I don’t why maybe it’s the wrench?;)
Good afternoon Martin! Thanks much. They just started using that single full inlay with the introduction of the sebenza 31, which started hitting the market recently. I’m a fan for sure. Hope you’re hanging tough over there brother :)

What's this one?? Gorgeous.
Pretty sure it's an Ontario Utilitac by Joe Pardue!! Good knife and great price for them when they were made!
Utilitac II now, and still under 30 bucks.:thumbsup:
Edit to add, I just found the Utilitac 1A assisted on sale for $19.95.
Thanks Reswob, that's the Ontario Utilitac 2. The Utilitac 2 is a much over looked fantastic budget knife in my opinion. I acid stone washed the blade and clip this one.
It looks really sweet with that blade finish. I'm going to have to pick one (or 2) up and find some DIY acid wash instructions!

Well it indeed looks great with that blade and clip finish to the extent that I didn't even recognize the knife until a couple of our illustrious members answered and reminded me that I have one myself. Super refinishing job there, FBC! Mine resides in one of my smaller knife drawers along with several other modest knives that I keep as most have some sentimental value--this one and a Utilitac tanto having been gifted to me by my son K a few years ago.

I got it out this morning, oiled the pivot, and have been carrying and using it today down in the sheetmetal shop. It really is a helluva lotta knife that's on sale now for a little over 20 bucks and stands on its own regardless of price--rock solid construction that locks into my hand, more than passable F&F/centering, smooth/flickable opening, easy liner lock closure, and there's really nothing wrong with AUS8 either.

I'm waiting for a new dryer belt to arrive and think I'll try my hand at some acid etching and plastic jar dryer stonewashing when I get that appliance fixed later in the week. A sharpening choil would be a nice addition too. In the meantime....

4TbrPAk.jpg

WM9YYWm.jpg

Last edited:
Back