EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

1gYKeTA.jpg

I picked up this highly specialized knife out of curiosity as a collector: a ShivWorks Clinch Pick 2.0. It's brand new, but the combination of a bead-blasted finished and a Kydex sheath = instant sheath marks all over the blade. ;)

I'm not carrying it so much as fiddling with it at my desk, trying to learn how to draw it without dragging the sharpened edge across the sheath in the process. :D

qPuedOo.jpg

I eyed that one myself. Sweet blade. I’ll be interested to hear your impressions down the road. That’s unfortunate about the finish.

I was gonna make this a Spyderco Saturday, but forgot to switch out yesterday's carry as I pulled on the same pair of pants this morning and found myself in the sheetmetal shop still carrying my Turtle. Next time upstairs I grabbed my Police 4 for some K390 goodness and toted both knives out back for a pic or two.

H2XAcO0.jpg

I never really put the Shiro away but figured I'd give the Spydie some solo shots while outside.

cyt8p6P.jpg

pta2bov.jpg

Back down in the shop I had both on the bench as I worked, but the cutting that really pleased me today came from my metalworking tools. Since tuning up my approaching-70-year-old Pexto stomp shear it's been slicing metal like a champ and I cleanly pared this 1/32" strip off a piece of .032" aluminum sheet.

NUhNwb6.jpg

I'm really loving my new Stubai snips too as I've gotten used to them and they've broken in nicely. They'll cut off a curl from nothing and leave a clean edge.

4xH5mxw.jpg

I eyed that one myself. Sweet blade. I’ll be interested to hear your impressions down the road. That’s unfortunate about the finish.

Eh, I don't mind. It's an odd choice on the company's part, is all. (Edited to add: It came with the knife in a plastic bag, and that inserted into the sheath. Zero marks at that point -- but with the bag off, one insertion and any new one will have these marks.)

Fit and finish is on point, it's wickedly sharp, the handles feel great (2.0 has flat patches on the G10, vs. 1.0 which has fully rounded handles), and the sheath is excellent. The pull-the-dot strap cants it at exactly the right angle for the maker's 10-2 positioning, and it looks like the holes are friendly to Tek-Lok spacing as well.

Back