EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Cw7SS8tl.jpg

Last edited:
Really liking the blackwash :thumbsup:
That’s a sexy ZT !!
Thanks, man. I really dig ZT's blackwash as I hate the look of scratched up coated blades and knives. Tumbling a coating makes it much more wear-hiding and what does show simply exaggerates the look of the original finish. I really like the similar Stealth finish on my Olamic 247 which is PVD coated then stonewashed. I'll make that one today's carry. It' a nice bright day here today--finally!--and I'll get some fresh pics and post 'em later.

Thanks, man. I really dig ZT's blackwash as I hate the look of scratched up coated blades and knives. Tumbling a coating makes it much more wear-hiding and what does show simply exaggerates the look of the original finish. I really like the similar Stealth finish on my Olamic 247 which is PVD coated then stonewashed. I'll make that one today's carry. It' a nice bright day here today--finally!--and I'll get some fresh pics and post 'em later.
I agree on all accounts :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing your Olamic!

Since we're on lockdown I might as well dig up the yard! Lol
ZysYr85.jpg
I've owned my 30 acres in the woods for 23 years now. There used to be a logging camp here around the turn on the 20th century. I've found lot's of old axe heads, a few cross-cut saws, tons of various size steel rings, broken gears, pieces of broken farm equipment, shell cases, etc.. but the coin I've found are mostly dated post my arrival in '97 :( The earliest so far is a '34 wheatie and a '43 nickel. There are a couple cross-cuts saws still buried in the field. I started digging them up one evening and it got late on me, not sure how much more was buried, some are broken so you can't tell how long they're going to be. I never did get back to digging them up. Pretty rusted. I haven't had the ATPro out in a while, so many projects going on......someday soon.

I've owned my 30 acres in the woods for 23 years now. There used to be a logging camp here around the turn on the 20th century. I've found lot's of old axe heads, a few cross-cut saws, tons of various size steel rings, broken gears, pieces of broken farm equipment, shell cases, etc.. but the coin I've found are mostly dated post my arrival in '97 :( The earliest so far is a '34 wheatie and a '43 nickel. There are a couple cross-cuts saws still buried in the field. I started digging them up one evening and it got late on me, not sure how much more was buried, some are broken so you can't tell how long they're going to be. I never did get back to digging them up. Pretty rusted. I haven't had the ATPro out in a while, so many projects going on......someday soon.
I've never really found anything good. I got to watching aquachigger on ytube and had to have a metal detector! Lol I threw away my piggy bank when I was a kid and I just keep finding coins. Coins and hot wheels are about all I've found here on our property. My dad found a dime years ago after a rain washed a ditch in our driveway. I think it was dated 1856? He gave it away to a friend. I've been to several old home sites and found a few wheat penny's that's about it.

In addition to my Delica 4, I'm also carrying this...

Here's one that definitely toes the line between modern and traditional: Fox Knives Elite 271 in N690 and tulip wood covers--made in Italy. The vendor I bought it from had it in the 'traditional' category (liner-lock with stand-offs, btw)... what say you? I've asked this question on the traditional forum as well: is it modern or traditional?

foxelite.jpg

In addition to my Delica 4, I'm also carrying this...

Here's one that definitely toes the line between modern and traditional: Fox Knives Elite 271 in N690 and tulip wood covers--made in Italy. The vendor I bought it from had it in the 'traditional' category (liner-lock with stand-offs, btw)... what say you? I've asked this question on the traditional forum as well: is it modern or traditional?

View attachment 1316845
Liner locks have been around for many, many years but I'd estimate your example leans toward the modern side.
If you really want it defined just post it up on the traditional forum.
Those folks will alleviate any doubt lol.;)

Back