EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

oQ5fYRJ.jpg

Wow, he's doing great work. I love looking at figures done by other people, but when I'm whittling I stick to things made of simple geometric shapes to accommodate my total lack of artistic talent.
Same here, I think if you can draw you can carve. He can pick up a blank piece of wood and just turn it into a figure. To me it just looks like wood. I'm going to take two identical blocks of wood, seat down beside him and try to make the same cuts he does. I might get a figure out of it??

Nailed it, my friend! It's about a 2.5 mile walk down to the water from my house in West Seattle. There's a 135 acre park down there that makes for easy social distancing. I Can't wait for the crisis to be over and I can get out IN the mountains!

Amazing view. I lived in Poulsbo when I was stationed at the Bangor submarine base and spent quite a bit of time hiking in those mountains.

Sorry it took so long to respond, just saw your quote. They have been up here for a while, my family pulled out 30 or 40 big ones because they didn't realize they were edible.
View attachment 1321602 View attachment 1321603 View attachment 1321604 today was my 41st b-day.

Happy birthday!

Today, I’m carrying two exceptional, and exceptionally special to me, knives. A good friend and a hell of a guy sent these to me.

FD15-E99-D-8067-4250-BBE2-D1-DF8-A48-C5-B0.jpg

Is that a Lambsfoot, I spy? It's one of the special ones too, very nice!

These two have been close by for me today. I hope everyone is keeping well.

jOEyCTW.jpg

It took a bit of searching this morning to find that your knife was the SSE. You told @evilgreg that his knife may have just gone on your list and yours may just have gone on mine. I also found the SSE's big brother Elf while casting about and like that one too. I was not impressed with the first CKF I had--a Sukhoi--but feel quite the opposite since obtaining my MILK. I just love the denim finish on your knife. Did you do that or is it by another?

Thanks brother this version is the "SSE black" which is factory CKF. The seller said its like a stonewashed DLC finish but im not for sure. I actually wasn't sold on it in the pics initially but it was a good deal and actually looks pretty nice in person. Im pretty happy with the knife overall.

That MILK is a sweet one as well. Been hunting one for a while now at the right price but may just have to pony up next time since they don't come up that often.

I'm not Edgeoflife Edgeoflife but FWIW, I really like my CKF SSE (which admittedly is heavily customized, including being carved and copper plated). Here's a shot of mine:

zxI8llf.jpg

I had a regular SSE as well, and it was great too.

Beautiful SSE! I dig the blade etching and copper. Definitely one of a kind.

Just for grins I took some more pics of the Mustang for your viewing pleasure. It was a 16 hour build over 4 days.

You can see the 390ci V8 in detail:

sst25KT.jpg

Interior

s44Bhds.jpg

Back

RFxlDgq.jpg

For drag strip days, you can add a chin spoiler, supercharger, remove the rear exhaust tips, add shorty headers, a ducktail rear spoiler, and a bottle of nitrous oxide in the trunk. The rear wheels crank up for that angled stance.

1miUlJa.jpg

SdFPPAr.jpg

Instructions included all this cool info on the creation of the Mustang and specifically the creation of the GT in 1967. 1968 would see a green GT in Bullitt. Love that movie.
Ah man, I want that Lego set too! Vintage cars are just breathtaking.

Back