EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Y2XDdEY.jpg

How does the 20cv hold up? I have one on the way.

I own both exclusives and while i havent used either enough to need sharpening yet i like the bareknuckle and think its a great value especially in the upgraded steel, made in the USA, and using their KVT ball bearing pivot (as opposed to assisted open/speedsafe). I suspect Kershaw 20cv has average performance/HT in regard to edge retention considering the price point but is plenty good for me and i think you will like the knife.

Now that’s some edge stability, what are you using to sharpen the s110v?
Just freehand with diamonds boss, like the continuous DMT stuff.
Been touching up with pocket size DMT fine lately. That one is continuous and then I have a small extra extra fine I use. I knock off any small burr there might be with it and edge feels really crisp after. Then I do a few passes on a strop with 1micron diamond paste. It's mostly symbolic, I need to clean the strop and buy a good spray.
I try to go for no microbevel when sharpening and if a strop rounds the edge a bit at the end with few passes, I was counting on this in my mind to make it tougher.
I spend more time on higher grit, when I could have grabbed something coarser, and that maybe better for the edge also.

Last edited:
Really dig that Bradford, think it would make a great pocket carry.
It’s a knife that you can use more often then not. So carry friendly and useful and one I’ll be carrying often. Really glad I chose to give this one a try :thumbsup: Perfect size that’s not to small or not to big. Feels great in hand and cuts like a laser. Was lubing the blade and was gently using my finger and got to close to the edge she bit me so she is now mine forever lol. It’s razor sharp and normally that only happens with spydies because there so sharp and thin behind the edge.

This one is not quite up to the usual high standards of fit & finish I've come to expect from LionSteel. My biggest disappointment is how cheap the carbon fiber covers feel, and I regret not opting for wood or micarta instead. But she's got it where it counts: a beautifully ground M390 clip-point blade, smooth action, good half-stop, perfect centering.

lsbestman (2).jpg
LionSteel BestMan

It’s a knife that you can use more often then not. So carry friendly and useful and one I’ll be carrying often. Really glad I chose to give this one a try :thumbsup: Perfect size that’s not to small or not to big. Feels great in hand and cuts like a laser. Was lubing the blade and was gently using my finger and got to close to the edge she bit me so she is now mine forever lol. It’s razor sharp and normally that only happens with spydies because there so sharp and thin behind the edge.
Well you got me at hello, just ordered one, going to try it as a pocket carry.

Back