EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

JJeED7I.jpg

NJDLZ3X.jpg

The Kershaw 7777 Bareknuckle sports a 3.5" CPM-20CV stainless drop point blade, KVT ball bearing pivot, a unique subframe lock and a compact, deep carry clip. Shown is a vendor exclusive Blackout flavor at around $79. The Bareknuckle can also be had with gray aluminum scales and a stonewashed 14C28N blade. Its thin profile carries unobtrusively, and provides a generous serving of both utility and aesthetic appeal.

fdcBfou.jpg

Good to see you're still kicking, noodle!

I love the quad 7!

I finished up the in-wall scupper boxes this morning, sealing in the backs and top seams with 3M 5200 Marine adhesive caulk. That stuff doesn't come off entirely, even with acetone when fresh, so I needed a knife that I wouldn't get upset about should it end up with white residue. The Buck Vantage isn't a bad knife, just a sorta meh knife though certainly a decent value at around 30 bucks. In the end I didn't get anything on it although Murphy's Law would have a more expensive piece completely slathered in the the stuff.

5ncyd59.jpg

8GxNlBG.jpg

After I cleaned up and was packing all the work to head to the job site tomorrow I switched out to a more appropriate and satisfying knife for Micarta Monday. The Ace Biblio is small for me, but chunky enough and with a downturned butt to still be pretty good in hand. It's an excellent little cutter/slicer with its broad, flat-ground M390 blade, I love the natural Micarta scales, and the flipping action and lock release are top shelf.

9lx3Luu.jpg

EraQiv8.jpg

Last edited:
I dyed the scales. They were looking really dirty with the coyote brown scales. I’ve carried it everyday since I got it.
Being confined has left me a little stir crazy. I bought dye for 1.99 and figured I could get an evening’s entertainment out of it. Took it apart, threw the scale in some rit dye black for about 20 minutes.
Really happy with how it turned out. Looks like a new knife.
Came out great ! Really liking the black scales. Definitely enjoying my 0308 also and
If I get board with mine I might try a different flavor to lol.

Back