EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Have you tried any of the skinny ones? I have a black/polished blade model X in my cart now but the toothpick skinny DNA model looks interesting too.

No, I have not. So far just the X, Excalibur, and later today the Mini Guard. The DNA was the original model I was interested in (there’s some really neat machining on the spine of the knife) but changed my mind.

qmEyJlq.jpg

No, I have not. So far just the X, Excalibur, and later today the Mini Guard. The DNA was the original model I was interested in (there’s some really neat machining on the spine of the knife) but changed my mind.

I ended up ordering a boring black/polished version of the splotchy camo X you keep posting. I was on the edge of also getting a boxy-handled 21 but in the end decided I'd save that one for next time if I like the X.

That's a sweet 710BK there. Do I recall correctly that was your Dad's? Is that D2 or one of the M4 models?

I picked up a 710BK user as well as a matching 705 which I gave to my middle son a few years back. I also bought a new 710SBK when they were discontinued, but sold it as I didn't care for the serrations on what has always been one of my favorite knives. I've still got three--two D2's, one a user modded with standoffs and the other stock, like new, plus an M390-1401 with Keyman holey wooden scales. The last two days I've been carrying my user on the job site in PTown installing the scuppers I fabbed for that project.

Couple job site pics here...

ybeK4NS.jpg

C2r90fV.jpg

...plus a couple others I took after eating lunch in the sun-warmed comfort of my truck. It was a decent day, but there was a steady on-shore breeze at land's end which gave things just a bit of a chill as the job's right on the water.

1Sn47uI.jpg

djWQ4Vi.jpg

How's the OTF? I've handled their side opening models, but haven't ever had an Excalibur in hand.

Nice knife and picture of it:thumbsup: according to tracking updates mine should be here tomorrow;):)

Today was my Bugout helping cutting weed block and opening bags of rubber mulch:thumbsup:
1UuVXZ.jpg

HiB53D.jpg

Q4Av2u.jpg
Thanks Paul ! You actually bought yours before I did mine and you gave me that little nudge and I thank you :)
You should be very happy it’s a great knife my friend ! That’s a sweet Bugout :thumbsup:

IMG_7224.jpg
I think you've sold me on buying one of these, FWIW. I should probably watch this thread less if I want to curb my ridiculous knife buying habit.

My 20 year old Piranha P1 pocket still going strong! Check out the old school logo. Cool how they use the hidden pivot although hard to tune. Lightweight, good snap, thin stock, mirror polished 154cm blade, Ti pocket clip, and USA made. Great folders!

Last edited:
Back