EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I have to ask. What is the audio gear in the background?

I am an audio freak with champagne taste and beer budget. Poor quality beer at that.
Haha I'm the exact same way. Back in the bachelor days, slowly acquired a nice sound seteup... just in time for wireless to come out.

Brain: Denon AVR-4806
Cambridge Azur 751BD
AT LP140xp w/AT-120E/T stylus
Cambridge 640P Phono Preamp
Focal Chorus 726 towers
JM Lab Ligne Chorus rears and center
Focal Chorus 700V sub
Sennheiser 650 headphones
Grado Headphone amp

Now it just causes my wife to say, "Can you turn it down, just little?" Of course, it's not a question!

Last edited:
x4JZq2z.jpg

Haha I'm the exact same way. Back in the bachelor days, slowly acquired a nice sound seteup... just in time for wireless to come out.

Cambridge Azur 751BD
Focal Chorus 726 towers
Grado Headphone amp

Now it just causes my wife to say, "Can you turn it down, just little?" Of course, it's not a question!

Im an audio lover myself and your setup is compromised of some fine audiophile quality components which id bet sounds amazing!
My setup is much simpler with a pioneer 150x2 watt receiver (100x5 in surround sound i believe) from the 90s and a pair of old school JBL studio monitors with 12" subs from the 70s or 80s that i have owned for nearly 25 years! Definitely hear turn it down quite often also lol.

IMG_8631.JPG
A little lunch the boss grilled for the crew today!

Cambridge Azur 751BD
Focal Chorus 726 towers
Grado Headphone amp

Just passed a Denon AVR on to my daughter and son-in-law.

You have nicer gear than I run.
Right now I am using a two channel Marantz with a Denon
DBP-1610 Blu-Ray player. A 300 disc Sony changer is also in the mix. Nothing for vinyl at this time, unfortunately.

Speakers are a pair of NHT 1.3s
along with a set of very vintage Koss PRO4 AA headphones.

As a young teenager I loved those headphones. I found a used pair in a thrift store a few years ago, with an asking price of four dollars! Koss offered to refurbish them for free so I think my total cost is about $15 if you include shipping back and forth.

I do have more gear in storage:
NHT Super Zero/sub-woofer system, NHT Pro A-20 speakers,
NAD CD player, and a Roberts reel to reel unit, just to list a few.

My wife and I bought a place six years ago and I am just now finally setting things up with decent speaker wire. No more zip cord for me! Custom made inter-connects are next.

Now, back to knives.:)

Doin some pole work?? Used to spend a good bit of time aloft!! 3" spikes as opposed to 1 1\2" .. White pine for some thick bark!! Definitely miss the views though!!
Haha nah, no pole work. Just a belt on a Klein bolt bag I keep in the lift with me and tied off. Most of the lineman around here don’t climb poles anymore. Very rare actually, gaffs and spikes ain’t seen much at all these days

Back