EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

PVplQqo.jpg

Always like seeing the “Geek”, he sure makes a nice folder!;):)

This knife has an interesting story. Its the model 2 geek flipper. I had been in the hospital for several weeks, newly diagnosed with liver failure, back in August of 2016. I was in the process of getting divorced, and the previous year I had to sell of a bit of my collection to pay bills my ex wasn't paying.

The prognosis for me was not good. I was forced to move in with the parents, and my mom knew I loved pocket knives. While I was out of it with liver encephalopathy, my mother saw I had been looking at this on my phone. Next thing I know, it shows up at my door. Despite being pretty out of it, I was really excited, in shock. Almost four years later, its still my favorite knife. I have trouble carrying it because it means so much to me. My mother loves it too.

It is amazing how smoothly it flips, proving you do not need bearings to make a good flipper. It is always interesting to me to see a well done version of a non "super" steel (by today's standard) outperform the production ones. This CPM-154 has been fantastic.

I really missed the boat on these. Seeing many of y’all carrying them last year, I knew it had to be worth the price of admission, but it took TenShun705 TenShun705 so kindly loaning me his beauty of a Keen to finally get me behind the wheel of one, and I must admit I like it a lot. Thanks bruh!!!
Wishing everyone a safe Friday, and happy weekend
View attachment 1349528

Aren’t we all just enablers though?! ;) Hope you’re getting some use out of it! Stay up S!

How to you like it? I’m on the fence.

So far so good. Above average ergos — feels pretty good in hand with a solid grip and subtle jimping that’s better than not having any. I like the muffled close when it drops shut. Takes up a bit of real estate like a Manix 2, but with more cutting edge. If you got some disposable income, then it may be worth checking out. I don’t think it’s worth the price tag though. However, if I was to choose a stock Yojimbo 2 (S30V) or the Canis, I’d pick the Canis.

EDIT: I would like to amend my last comment — though the ergos on the Canis are better, I’d pick the Yoji over it.

Last edited:
Back