EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Well, I pulled this one out of the Post Office this morning: the Spyderco Watu. The Watu is a good example of a well-executed but poorly designed knife--fans of the Chokwe (like me) aren't missing much if they decide to skip this one. Kinda disappointed... :(

View attachment 1349945
Spyderco Watu in 20CV
Sorry to hear that. It sucks when a knife you want to like isn’t all you’d hoped it would be. Thanks very much for sharing, as you’ve likely saved a few of us from the same disappointment.

HLVrWmN.jpg

My mini Ritter today.

Sorry to hear that. It sucks when a knife you want to like isn’t all you’d hoped it would be. Thanks very much for sharing, as you’ve likely saved a few of us from the same disappointment.

Cheers, mate!

I guess I should have stated the reasons for my disappointment. The Watu is less of a scaled-down mini Chokwe as it is a 'sawed-off' (unscaled) variant. Also, the compression lock does not fit with the tang--should have been a ti frame-lock like the Chokwe, IMO.

watuchokwe.jpg

watutang.jpg

Notice how the tang interferes with the compression tab.

View attachment 1349606
Switched up to a work knife so my helper and i can build his big boy bed. He has all his tools ready including his "knife" which is the orange and blue piece! :)

Nice tool set. Hope your pic doesn't instigate another round of tool-brand shaming. :p

You could actually sharpen your helper's drill bit with your knife. ;)

I've been going through this post page by page.

Forgive me, but is there some unwritten rule that prohibits you from identifying the knives in your photos?

I can usually recognize Spydercos because they are so unremittingly ugly, with the big hole in the blade and the plasticy looking scales, but sometimes I'd like to know exactly what I'm looking at without having to reply to a post asking what I've just looked at. Why (almost) no descriptions?

If you're taking the time to post photo's, do us a favor and tell us what it is.

I know I'm not alone, because I've read post after post asking what the knife is in the prior photo. So, just tell us. Sheesh...

^^ just for you

Spyderco Kapara

B31FB856-CBE0-41EE-9DD3-9D4548A6D9D7.jpeg

Back