EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Matt Diskin Monday...welcome to the Revolution;)

screenshot_20200601-075501_gallery-2-jpg.1351175

That has got to be the coolest Norseman finish I’ve seen to date. Very nice! Congrats :)

Thanks, yeah, pretty unique, got lucky, the drops were selling crazy fast got lucky and grabbed it! Inside the scale with masked norseman matches the puple/green scales, unfortunately can' get a picture without taking it apart.

I've been watching J. Grimsmo's Youtube videos while he was playing with his Kern 5-axis. I didn't know he got these out the door so quick.

He's been randomly dropping them for a while now, it was interesting watching him throughout this whole shutdown. His videos were a big part of my purchase decision!

df3OfYy.jpg

This little guy is destined for 5th pocket duty, one of my favorite little knives!
OxJOsBd.jpg

j7gPZpt.jpg

Kershaw Atmos and Christy Knife

I have recently found myself drawn to higher end steels and knives and have come very close to ordering some over the $300 mark. I have also found myself to start becoming more and more of a steel snob for no real reason so I am doing a sort of step back to see just how much it matters to me. I don't have any particularly hard use cases for my knives so I feel the impact will be low and I often strop my knives after use anyways so it will be interesting to see the real world impact in my own life. I also want to become more proficient with hand sharpening as I currently use guided systems now. I still intent to carry my Bugout and 20cv Bareknuckle on occasion but I would like to just try and see if the steel matters more to me or the design and feel of the knife.

Sorry for the long post.

C

Checked his site. Must be popular, just about everything is sold out.
He makes small batches. Most of his things don't last very long on his website. Following his IG account is the best way to keep up with what he has to offer.

Back