EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

shOMip9.jpg

yK8KbnN.jpg

Wave Wednesday.

wrJtUvk.jpg

The 5" Knipex Pliers Wrench, bottom, failed me today when the jaws weren't big enough to tighten a water hose on a spigot. So screw it. Probably will stop carrying those suckers. The Wave's pliers weren't big enough either, and I didn't want its serrated jaws to chew up the connector anyway. Dang it! Less weight and bulk without the Knipex and Wave anyway.

Not a new Cheb to the thread, but new to me thx to @Officer's Match. I don’t like ties, but I felt like I at least had to put a shirt on to carry something this fancy. :)

Good cutter, with looks to kill. 4 inches and 4 oz. Da Comrade!

1ocbwdx.jpg

nqGkZQG.jpg
I'm glad to see @Officer's Match 's Scout went to someone from the neighborhood, mb>, so I'll still get to see it. I was surprised to see OM had it up for sale as I know he really loved that knife, so whatever it is that he gave it up for must be something really special to him. He and I had chatted quite a bit over at the Cheburkov Channel about that one and I've not seen another like it with the Timascus, plain-but-interior milled slabs, and Dama blade. That baby's really sweet--congrats and enjoy!

I'm glad to see @Officer's Match 's Scout went to someone from the neighborhood, mb>, so I'll still get to see it. I was surprised to see OM had it up for sale as I know he really loved that knife, so whatever it is that he gave it up for must be something really special to him. He and I had chatted quite a bit over at the Cheburkov Channel about that one and I've not seen another like it with the Timascus, plain-but-interior milled slabs, and Dama blade. That baby's really sweet--congrats and enjoy!

Thanks brother. And thanks for the link. Some real beauties in there. Nice to see some other folks as stoked on details like distal taper and grind details as I am! :)

I've had them about five years I'd say, and the were made by Steve Ketchen of Sketchen scales. I don't believe he's in business anymore but he did fantastic work.

y0M0Flp.jpg

It's s bummer he went the scammer route - there is a thread or two about it in GB&U. He did do very impressive work. I had a third project all set to go with him right as his business went south, but was lucky to have not sent him a knife or any $ yet.

I still have the Nilakka, but sold the 710.
4wZT8LV.jpg

Back