EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Getting ready to take the new arrival for its first ride in the wind :thumbsup:
UcuY8TP.jpg
I’m normally not a fan of black blades, but that is a great looking Delica.

Today...sitting on the couch watching football doesn’t require much more than a caplifter

I’m normally not a fan of black blades, but that is a great looking Delica.

Today...sitting on the couch watching football doesn’t require much more than a caplifter

Thanks man! It’s a great combo with this Delica and like you DLC and alike was never my thing either but over the years I’ve grown to like it especially on cruwear and other higher Maintence steels :thumbsup:

This big beautiful bad boy today. BergBlades Iron Wolf.

qP3Sw68.jpg

pRbwpQb.jpg

paHTYqY.jpg
Aren’t they awesome ! Really glad I got mine when they were still available. Love the matching back spacer on yours. I ended up with just the same clip and was going to get the matching backspacer but never got around to it . The lightning Strike brass CF looks so much better in person although you’ve captured it nicely in your shots :thumbsup:

Y
Aren’t they awesome ! Really glad I got mine when they were still available. Love the matching back spacer on yours. I ended up with just the same clip and was going to get the matching backspacer but never got around to it . The lightning Strike brass CF looks so much better in person although you’ve captured it nicely in your shots :thumbsup:
Yes - they are great. It feels very comfortable and reassuringly weighty in hand and has a wonderful action.

These photos were in very bright sunlight - usually the clip/backspacer are quite muted.

For the lightning strike CF - I do like it but I think I would prefer marbled cf or micarta instead - that's the only change I would make. The reason is that on mine some of the tiny metal threads occasionally break free (you can see one in the 3rd photo below the clip) and stick my hand (although they are easy enough to remove/smooth down)

Yeah, I have been trying to grab a front flipper for a long time. Missed out on the Trappers and Zulus, Swayback was not really for me. Then last week I had it already in my cart the second it dropped in two different shops but lost it during checkout. Missed out in another shop as well before finally scoring this one! Great knife! Perfect EDC size, fantastic design. I love the blade shape, the pocket clip the titanium bolster with the micarta covers... The one thing that is a bit disappointing is that the action on mine is not very smooth. Maybe it will still break in a bit more, maybe I can try to disassemble it to clean the bearings. But I would get it again in a heart beat!
Nice! I've almost grabbed one of the custom versions a few times, but I'd rather sample one of the X-series first due to the pocket clip. Hope yours smooths out!

I have these two at hand today -
aSOU1h8.jpg

Am sorry to hear that, have had a 111 and I still don't understand how it dropped while almost vertically. Washers! While BB, CRKT and some other companies made me disappointed with their play loosened pivot still not working good. But I also had a couple old shiros that were stiff.

I didn't mean to imply that I was somehow displeased with having to do that work on my 111 and NeOn (largest, smallest in my earlier post) only that I went ahead and did it to great effect. Eventually, most every knife I own goes through disassembly, interior cleaning/polishing, and re-lube anyway. Neither knife was ever "stiff", just not as free as I'd like and not getting there on its own. I have observed that quite a few bearing flipper knives--especially those and others from across the pond--have too much blackish, gunky grease in them, retarding their action.

Anyway, our exchange has gotten me to make this a Pocket Sword Shiro Saturday and carry my 111 to the grocery store, getting an odd look from a woman who watched me cut a coupon before heading into the self-checkout line.

G6NJF9C.jpg

ES73WWV.jpg

Y

Yes - they are great. It feels very comfortable and reassuringly weighty in hand and has a wonderful action.

These photos were in very bright sunlight - usually the clip/backspacer are quite muted.

For the lightning strike CF - I do like it but I think I would prefer marbled cf or micarta instead - that's the only change I would make. The reason is that on mine some of the tiny metal threads occasionally break free (you can see one in the 3rd photo below the clip) and stick my hand (although they are easy enough to remove/smooth down)
Yes the same with mine but like you mentioned they smooth out easily and it’s worth it to me it looks so good ! It’s a hefty knife but feels so balanced and solid in hand.
The action really is good to smooth as silk !

Felt so good to get in some clean wind after a week of getting smoked out from the wild fires and finally able to get my bike out . Good thing I was able to get a few pics in out on the ride because it appears Mercedes has taken over my staging shots on the slab of olive wood :rolleyes: again!
1HGKtVU.jpg

WXiFbfm.jpg

6BhMWqf.jpg

Late mail call lol was expected 2 days ago but to no fault of the dealer it went on a detour.
Now to the good news It was well worth the wait ! Emerson Mini Sheepdog Micarta scales and S35vn Dealer exclusive :thumbsup: #47 of 59 made.
Wow what an example ! Dead Centered blade with no play in any direction. Beautiful fit and finish and the blade flys open!!
This Micarta feels so good in hand to man couldn’t be happier with this one:thumbsup: and the Micarta should develop some nice character.
E8xGTN5.jpg

TmiIWYz.jpg

3plh2vS.jpg

5QK47IJ.jpg
Nice score on the mini sheepdog! Ive had my eye on one also and think I know which dealer you're referring to. Love some OD canvas micarta! A beautiful Emerson for sure!:thumbsup:

Looks like a few of us are waiting for new arrivals today and I think mine have landed in my mail box just have to put my coffee down and get off my lazy butt to wander to the mail box:D

still waiting on my arrival as the Fedex tracking stopped moving 3 days ago which is making me a little nervous now. :confused:

New guy here, hopefully I’ve got a handle on using Imgur. Nothing overly exciting to share, as I have an extremely modest collection....and a lot to learn about this hobby. Today’s pocket carry:
b6vKONz.jpg
StuWNld.jpg
I4B3xYd.jpg
Welcome to BF and looks like you have the hang of it just fine! :) The 0450 is a great EDC.:thumbsup:

:eek: wow now that is just gorgeous! Love the patina copper!:cool:

Happy Birthday! @Pt-Luso

14E3660B-288D-4E74-B20F-FA9B1AEC3215.jpeg
It been the deka today which is breaking in nicely and really is a great edc. :D Actually took the pic this morning but forgot to post it.:confused:

Nice score on the mini sheepdog! Ive had my eye on that one also. Love some OD canvas micarta! A beautiful Emerson for sure!:thumbsup:

still waiting on my arrival as the Fedex tracking stopped moving 3 days ago which is making me a little nervous now. :confused:

Welcome to BF and looks like you have the hang of it just fine! :) The 0450 is a great EDC.:thumbsup:

:eek: wow now that is just gorgeous! Love the patina copper!:cool:

View attachment 1422145
It been the deka today which is breaking in nicely and really is a great edc. :D Actually took the pic this morning but forgot to post it.:confused:
The Deka does break in so nice it will get better and better and start to wow you but good out of the box too !
Thanks man the mini sheepdog and Micarta is sweet and feels amazing in hand ! Now I’ve got my eye on the full size with same package dealer exclusive but have been fighting it.

Last edited:
Back