EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Installing siding today and the homeowner still has the beautiful flowers blooming.
Er2hwUO.jpg

Last edited:
First time ever trying friction fire.
Never been so winded to get no result! :D ...
Gives you a whole new respect for cavemen, eh? ;-)

Good morning everyone.

I find quite a few of these horseshoe crabs washed up on my morning walks. Pretty cool. Have a great day ahead, all.
I wondered how long they've been around, so I looked it up: 450 million years!

Good morning my blade Brothers and Sisters :)
8X2WoD1.jpg
That 20CV blade deserves a nicely-honed micro bevel. Your pic is big and clear enough that we can see how coarse the factory edge grind is. Give it 10 min. @ 40° on the Sharpmaker and it would be a thing of beauty. Probably would go all year without a re-sharpen...

Its easier if you can get a piece of antler for the brace! A nice small piece that you can hold in your teeth and keep pressure on with your whole head/neck/shoulders! It sounds silly but it worx great!

That uhhh...I'd have to see that in action, because just from reading, it sounds like a terrible idea, to possibly loosen or knock out a tooth in a camping, off-grid sort of environment!

Looks good. Now how about treating that poor little Victorinox to a new set of scales? ;-)

They're quite reasonable on Etsy and ebay...

In that the Vic is actually damaged, it's not worth it. I really ought to replace it. The main blade doesn't open.

But I have to get rid of it because it has a story and I never use the blade.

I keep it in my medicine bag, which, one afternoon last November, I set on top of my parents car as I was about to get in when I was asked to put my nephew in his car seat. 3 hours and 35 miles later...

It had fallen off the roof on a busy road about two miles from my place. It had been run over probably 50+ times at 50+ mph. The knife was the sole survivor. Everything else crushed, shredded, etc.

Back