EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

yqDQsNM.jpg

JScLuR5.jpg

Beautiful pictures!

Absolutely beautiful pics and totally correct. Mother nature teaches different kinds of lessons, one's best enjoyed with a boy and his dad!! Or girl! Schools are definitely lacking nowadays in basic morals and tenets!! Thanx for sharing!

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint
Wonderful pictures. I live in flatland at the edge of a desert, so nothing around here looks like that.

Many thanks friends! Indeed these are lessons that will be retained as fond memories. He has a twin sister (they're 15) that goes with us much of the time but not always. And Weiss, yea I'm from Florida originally and the closest thing we have to any elevation where I'm from are mounds built by the indigenous peoples, so all this is new to me. Love the mountains, the cold not so much ;)

Posting from yesterday, as when I finally got in last night kicking off my boots and having a wee dram took priority.

The boy and I hiked a few miles up to an alpine lake, then decided to take on the peak above as well, finally making our way back down following the creek/waterfalls running off of the aforementioned lake. I don't think it's good for him to be stuck behind a computer 5 days a week, so I've been trying to pick at least one day each week that doesn't interfere with his schooling to get out while the weather is still allowing. An educational experience nonetheless IMO.

PJ5p5rW.jpg

bvqlPkG.jpg

a3G9nBe.jpg

P435cTO.jpg

WTo1H7w.jpg

aysxzsS.jpg

T5BrHAP.jpg

ClXB7mv.jpg

EqsagQW.jpg
Beautiful! Do you know anyone up there who has had experiences with a sasquatch? (Sasquatch Chronicles is my favorite podcast, so that's an area of interest for me.)

Many thanks friends! Indeed these are lessons that will be retained as fond memories. He has a twin sister (they're 15) that goes with us much of the time but not always. And Weiss, yea I'm from Florida originally and the closest thing we have to any elevation where I'm from are mounds built by the indigenous peoples, so all this is new to me. Love the mountains, the cold not so much ;)

Those mounds sound a lot like Marco Island? Just curious because I’m in Naples......lol, and you’re currently living my dream. Been looking at mountain properties for 6-7 years now, but life seems to keep telling us we need to stay put for a little while longer.

On a side note, my wife says I’ll never be able to handle the mountain cold. Despite being from the Northeast originally, she may have a point. I can’t even get my ass outta bed in the mornings when the temperature drops below 75. I got a plan though. When the time comes, I’m gonna start training for it by dropping the AC one degree each week. Solid plan, right? Haha

Back