EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

16030159554750.jpg

My

16030228082360.jpg

Well, there's your problem.

Ow0VBzb.jpg
m?

Just like that Lake?

I wish that was Ron Lake’s work. His knives are phenominal. One day I may score one for a great deal. But at the prices right now for Ron’s work, I’d be afraid to even touch it. Haha.

That one is the Oryx, a project with Guilliame Ducasse. Only one, and only one there will ever be. Haha. I really love it. Closest I can get to the Lake design. :)

Gonna have to spice it up this morning on this dismal day. Carrying these two until I have to switch out if any hairy work needs to be done this afternoon.
View attachment 1439091

Also, I’ve noticed a few new posters names who have started to post in this thread.
Welcome! Get ready for lots of eye candy! :)

Geez, that Guilliame Ducasse is absolutely beautiful. What’s the other one? It’s a looker as well.

For two days in a row now I’ve found myself stopping to admire the lines of this knife. Lol, I guess it’s about time I ask....what is it? Thanks!
I did the same thing when I saw it on a knife video on YT. It’s the BRS E-Volve Nomad. S35VN blade, thick liner lock. And the price is great. I got the last one in this configuration at Blade HQ. But they still have the camo G10 with black blade available. Looks sweet.

Geez, that Guilliame Ducasse is absolutely beautiful. What’s the other one? It’s a looker as well.

Thanks!!

The other is one of a kind L40 top flipper made by Andre Thorburn of South Africa. There were 3 of these made in total, all with subtle differences. Absolute zero complaints with this one. It’s a lifer. Haha.

Posting from yesterday, as when I finally got in last night kicking off my boots and having a wee dram took priority.

The boy and I hiked a few miles up to an alpine lake, then decided to take on the peak above as well, finally making our way back down following the creek/waterfalls running off of the aforementioned lake. I don't think it's good for him to be stuck behind a computer 5 days a week, so I've been trying to pick at least one day each week that doesn't interfere with his schooling to get out while the weather is still allowing. An educational experience nonetheless IMO.

PJ5p5rW.jpg

bvqlPkG.jpg

a3G9nBe.jpg

P435cTO.jpg

WTo1H7w.jpg

aysxzsS.jpg

T5BrHAP.jpg

ClXB7mv.jpg

EqsagQW.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous places you have the chance to seek out. My Gramps would take me on outdoor adventures to his summer camp back in the swamp. I fell in love with the outdoors at such a young age too. You are so correct that that just sitting behind the computer is nothing compared to what you gain from a full day outdoors. The knowledge I learned outside with my Gramps carries on vividly to this day, my school time I can’t even hardly remember my teachers names, let alone what we were learning at the time. 4 years spent learning French (mandatory), and other than knowing the alphabet and counting to 100, I have never, not even 1 time, used that knowledge in French at point in my adult life.
Good for you, Junior will carry there memories for life.

Got out this evening for a walk with Mr. Rufus had the Homefront with me this one doesn't get carried nearly enough.
pA0AEyA.jpg

yYbr6Yo.jpg
Your hidden gems are gorgeous, knives and Mr. Rufus too are a bonus! I really look forward to all your postings as your photos are worth much more than a 1000 words to me. I can hear the water gurgling right now in the background, thanks so much for posting my brother.

Breathtaking Flora, thank you so much for sharing. Someday I hope to be able to visit a comparable area, I can close my eyes and just imagine the air smelling of the deep woodsy smell gently blowing its way across your path.

Back