EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Switched out to these two for my bush walk. It’s pouring rain here, so the grouse like to hide in the trees. I don’t use a dog, so it is that much more rewarding to tag a bird.
No luck today, but it’s the hunt and outsmarting the “bush chickens” that makes me smile. I have spots I can go to where there are “dumb” birds and I’m guaranteed a few...but what fun is that?!
560B47BF-F293-4A05-B789-001F0326788F.jpeg 336E5F11-B3AA-424A-8703-EF7D111CA7AC.jpeg
Hope everyone’s day is treating them well!

Its basically a scatter gun or Salt Shotgun. So its more of a spray and pray kind of thing haha. I've gotten good enough to shoot them out of the air while flying but it takes some practice. If they land and you can get close they turn into pink mist, especially the fat slow house flies.

Ahahahaha!! That’s awesome.

Absolutely gorgeous places you have the chance to seek out. My Gramps would take me on outdoor adventures to his summer camp back in the swamp. I fell in love with the outdoors at such a young age too. You are so correct that that just sitting behind the computer is nothing compared to what you gain from a full day outdoors. The knowledge I learned outside with my Gramps carries on vividly to this day, my school time I can’t even hardly remember my teachers names, let alone what we were learning at the time. 4 years spent learning French (mandatory), and other than knowing the alphabet and counting to 100, I have never, not even 1 time, used that knowledge in French at point in my adult life.
Good for you, Junior will carry there memories for life.

Thanks for the touching words, my friend. Very true indeed. For me it was an uncle, also in the swamps, and it's as I am passing these lessons along that I often find myself realizing how much they had an impact on my young life as well.

It occurred to me that I need to add a SuperBall to my EDC :D

6jtq6RG.jpg

Its basically a scatter gun or Salt Shotgun. So its more of a spray and pray kind of thing haha. I've gotten good enough to shoot them out of the air while flying but it takes some practice. If they land and you can get close they turn into pink mist, especially the fat slow house flies.
I hate to admit it but that sounds like fun as long as there is no friendly fire or I should say friendly spray from the exploding body parts :eek::D

October mushrooms are starting to sprout all over the yard this time of year. Some other members have been posting their schroom pictures, nudging me to go check under the spruce trees for some here.
View attachment 1439549

Love Mushroom pictures!! Haha!

That’s a beautiful shot. You’re such a fun-gi!! Haha. ;)

Last edited:
Switched out to these two for my bush walk. It’s pouring rain here, so the grouse like to hide in the trees. I don’t use a dog, so it is that much more rewarding to tag a bird.
No luck today, but it’s the hunt and outsmarting the “bush chickens” that makes me smile. I have spots I can go to where there are “dumb” birds and I’m guaranteed a few...but what fun is that?!
View attachment 1439405 View attachment 1439407
Hope everyone’s day is treating them well!
Man, that’s a tight pattern! Poor Sebenza, though...:eek::p:D

Back