EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

pilot.jpg

:thumbsup: I just got one in the last week. Really liking it but the lock needs a lot of break in.
View attachment 1440249
View attachment 1440250
It should break in nicely for you. I was fortunate and mine was pretty good out of the box but has gotten even better.
You might try the good ole pencil lead trick on the lockbar face or some like to use a sharpee”black marker”. It will help with Any lock stick you have during the break in period and just touch it up periodically when you start to feel more then you like . I do that to most of my Emerson’s or I should say the ones that have more lock stick then I care to deal with while breaking in lol.
You can also adjust the Pivot for the action if its to tight. I normally like to run mine on the tighter side while breaking in and then make small adjustments later.

Last edited:

nice! i was eyeing those in the KC email today. Beautiful design!

E475DAC3-9252-40CE-8EA2-9763D32FE092.jpeg
Used the mail call to open the other mail call lol. One is a rock jumper and the other is well, work.
The rock jumper gets compared to the delica a lot but is actually closer to the endela in overall size. I like the shorter ricasso area in comparison which helps makes the most of the 3.08” blade, giving a little more cutting edge than a delica, yet still enough ricasso to one hand close without it biting. The spydie hole is also enlarged and plenty of handle in both directions. My first Spyderco wharnie as well.

Back