EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Hahaaa I've only had it a couple weeks, still learning how to use it. Google iphone photography, it's amazing what they can capture with em.
Id say you’re a fast learner. Some great shots for beginners i might say :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. It took a whole lot more effort to get a decent pic on my crappy phone. So i cheat with some filter app lol

48092449472_8bee89a3cb_b_d.jpg

Wanna trade collections for a few months @Half/Stop haha. Two more beauties posted by you. :D

Micarta Monday.

U3AShYo.jpg

That is one heck of a Rittergrip! Super nice!

Wow that's a great picture!
Thank you brother, yours are the true inspiration, taking me back in time to some great memories. It’s been high wind and misty rain here the past few days with nicely colored debris blown down all over the yard, so pickings are easy. It’s the sun that’s tricky, and on this one it was still blowing rain with the sun peeking out under the tree canopy early in the morning. I’m just getting lucky lately being in the right place when the lighting just happens to work in my favor. I’m learning and you guys are such great mentors, thank you again and to everyone else too.

Thanks friends!

The Hinderer is the Full Track, a fairly recent model but to my understanding it is no longer in production.

As for the patina, on both of my GEC's I decided to go with natural patina on the main blade and forced on the smaller blade. IIRC I used a combination of brown mustard and touch of apple cider vinegar. I mixed it up in a small bowl, then applied it with a toothpick in that random drop pattern. Let it rest for 20-30 minutes, and then cleaned it off and repeated the process to add depth. This was the first time I tried anything like this but I was quite pleased with the results. There are some good youtube tutorials out there with varying methods, and I pretty much just watched a bunch of them for tips. There's a good one where a guy does a similar pattern on a Opinel which gave me the idea.

IOeMz9E.jpg

cMfoDon.jpg
Thanks for the beautiful extra pics, the description and the hint to youtube.
The full track is a cool model, interesting how they put the handle scales on these.

Two days of carry for HVAC service and repair and I'm amazed at the quality of this RAT 1 for like $35 :thumbsup:
Girlfriend got it for me the other day as a "treat" when we went to Academy.
Falling in love with AUS-8 again. It's not the super steel I remember from when I was 14 :D
I loved that Recon 1 though....started working the trade with that knife.:)
This AUS-8 /RAT 1 holds an edge decently and is ridiculously easy to sharpen.
Full flat grind with a fairly wide secondary bevel assist with the above mentioned as well IMO
Was surprised and pleased to see brass washers, centered blade with no play, no lock stick, solid 40-45% lock up
4a2294ba908e3a5e372307afe5dbe40edd65a809.jpg
Yes, this is not like Medford

Back