EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

49865745553_9336e8689c_o_d.jpg

That's a proper carry whenever Friday falls! How are you liking that 20cv?
Thanks Brother!
Actually I had the opportunity yesterday for some hard use cutting 14 very thick plastic tie downs. I thought for sure after that it would of taken the edge down a couple levels. To my surprise it was still hair popping sharp. Tested push cutting some receipt paper when I got home and it still did well although felt a little more resistant. Touched it up with green compound on my leather strop block and then a couple swipes on the work sharp leather strop,Back to razor sharp again. Very impressed to say the least :thumbsup:

This morning it's my large 31 NM as I futz around the house and head over to our upstairs gym to work out, having gone to an every-other-day schedule for that as I've been putting in a lot of time on the furnace project. USPS brought me the Jekyll to Hyde backspacer yesterday, I got that installed, cleaned the grease out of the knife, re-lubed with W10 NanoOil, and tied up a lanyard with the new cord and the small NM bead which I lightly sanded to more closely match the knife's inlays.

J0pHARk.jpg

GP6k3Xi.jpg

I really like this addition to the knife and the way it adds a more usable lanyard attachment without closing the back significantly. I got it in bright, machine finish to match the 31's hardware. Nice work, @bhyde!

IsH5F6n.jpg

I'll switch up knives for this afternoon as I rework and re-install the furnace smoke pipe with a 4-to-5 inch adaptor, the 31 and I still being in honeymoon stage.

Last edited:
Thanks Brother!
Actually I had the opportunity yesterday for some hard use cutting 14 very thick plastic tie downs. I thought for sure after that it would of taken the edge down a couple levels. To my surprise it was still hair popping sharp. Tested push cutting some receipt paper when I got home and it still did well although felt a little more resistant. Touched it up with green compound on my leather strop block and then a couple swipes on the work sharp leather strop,Back to razor sharp again. Very impressed to say the least :thumbsup:
That's good to hear man. Did you have to touch it up out of the box or did it come that sharp? I had to touch my 535 up just a little first thing..

Back