EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

41Sx8g6h.jpg

3ubTHQph.jpg

and 2019 M4 special edition ;)
I’ve been checking those Spartan Harseys out for a while now and that’s why I was so quick on the draw :D being familiar with them. What’s your thoughts on the Harseys ? They just released a smaller version 3.5 in s45vn that really peaked my interest and almost pulled the trigger on one. But have something else on the way I’m also very excited for that got the nod. But man those Harsey’s sure look nice and have read many good things about them in my research :thumbsup:

Fred Perrin Baby Bowie, horizontal carry with paracord loops. There is also the option of carrying this IWB with a statick cord. Interesting knife, the handle is short and the finger choil locks the grip nicely. Blade lenght is roughly 10 cm, overall roughly18 cm so there is plenty of blade packed in to a compact package. Steel is 440 C, nothing special really these days but gives a nice sharp edge.
Cfh3E1g.jpg

I’ve been checking those Spartan Harseys out for a while now and that’s why I was so quick on the draw :D being familiar with them. What’s your thoughts on the Harseys ? They just released a smaller version 3.5 in s45vn that really peaked my interest and almost pulled the trigger on one. But have something else on the way I’m also very excited for that got the nod. But man those Harsey’s sure look nice and have read many good things about them in my research :thumbsup:

I might make you reconsider once more. Tbh, at $525, the SHF is more of a diamond in the rough....There was significantly a lack of refinements when i received mine new out if the factory.

It requires your attention for the finishing touch... unfortunately.

When, i got it, it was really off centered and was super tight and gritty. The standoffs weren’t parallel and were « domed » shape on one side. To the point, where there’s is a gap where you can shine lights through. All corners are really sharp except the obvious 45 degrees chamfered outside of the scale. The filler tab doesn’t sits flush with the scale and was raised. This is due to burrs of the two hidden threaded holes underneath the filler tab.

Needless to say, i have to disassemble, sand one side of the standoffs to make them parallel, knock all sharp corners and deburr the holes under the filler tab. I, then, polish the blade tang because the dlc coating prevents the pivot washers to roll due to friction and instead roll on the scale and then finally reassembled to recenter the blade.

Edit: Massive lock stick for the first few days if flickered open and really early lockup (5-10%) if slow roll opening. YMMV tho.

So at $525 with a clear lack of refinements... i would say reconsider it because it was overpriced for what i received. But once all that addressed... it’s a fantastic knife like a Hinderer on washers.

Last edited:
I might make you reconsider once more. Tbh, at $525, the SHF is more of a diamond in the rough....There was significantly a lack of refinements when i received mine new out if the factory.

It requires your attention for the finishing touch... unfortunately.

When, i got it, it was really off centered and was super tight and gritty. The standoffs weren’t parallel and were « domed » shape on one side. To the point, where there’s is a gap where you can shine lights through. All corners are really sharp except the obvious 45 degrees chamfered outside of the scale. The filler tab doesn’t sits flush with the scale and was raised. This is due to burrs of the two hidden threaded holes underneath the filler tab.

Needless to say, i have to disassemble, sand one side of the standoffs to make them parallel, knock all sharp corners and deburr the holes under the filler tab. I, then, polish the blade tang because the dlc coating prevents the pivot washers to roll due to friction and instead roll on the scale and then finally reassembled to recenter the blade.

Edit: Massive lock stick for the first few days if flickered open and really early lockup (5-10%) if slow roll opening. YMMV tho.

So at $525 with a clear lack of refinements... i would say reconsider it because it was overpriced for what i received. But once all that addressed... it’s a fantastic knife like a Hinderer on washers.
exquisite
They should pay you half of thousand for the work you did. And the disappointment

Back