EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Happy Friday, folks.

WjpG6p7.jpg
What’s that swayback on the bottom? Looks very nice!

WOW that's amazing! You must be one more calm cat! I just don't see how you could be that steady?? It's perfect!
Slow and steady, tiny cuts with the chisels;) there's probably at least 40 hours in that piece:eek: I really should have kept better track, but slacked off as it's just personal for practice.

I just turned 44 the other day, so I'm carrying my 1976 Wenger Soldier alongside the new Benchmade 550-1 Griptilian.
View attachment 1442299
You are running nicer gear than mine.

Standard 550 Griptilian with orange scales and SAK Spartan for me.

If I could get orange scales on a Spartan, I would use that.

I do have a 1997 Vic Soldier
(with Pioneer lanyard ring) that I have been known to use. Also have a Vic Cadet that I like to use.

If I had settle for only two, it would have to be the Cadet and the orange 550. Or the sheepsfoot grip I got from another member with the Cadet.

I want to dress up the Sheepsfoot Griptilian. Aftermarket clip and scales.

Beautiful! Can you tell me about the knife?

It's a Pena X-Series Trapper. These are high-end production knives designed by Enrique Pena and manufactured by Reate. Fantastic EDC knives, very beautiful blend of modern and traditional design. There are quite a few models already (Trapper, Zulu, Swayback, Apache, Barlow) and certainly more to come.

Here is my other Front Flipper model, the Apache:

Well, I'm with @Sharp & Fiery in really liking that pic, man. I've also always really liked that model knife too. Funny, I was tempted to grab one when they were out but failed to pull the trigger on two fronts. Firstly, I believe they were only available in the Mini configuration and that size, as much as I love Grips, is really too small for my mitts. I've had two and kept just one, enhanced in hand by Wilkins grips. The second reason was I thought it seemed a bit pricey for a Griptilian at the time, but when you look at what I've done to my 550s, 551s, 555, 556, and large & small Ritters, 4 with Wilkins and 3 with Igordeds, most of those came in north of your 551-1702 price wise. Go figure, eh, but there's lots to this knife-nuttiness that makes little sense anyway. :confused:

Last edited:
...If I could get orange scales on a Spartan, I would use that.
I'm surprised no one makes them yet...

sabre cat said:
I do have a 1997 Vic Soldier
(with Pioneer lanyard ring) that I have been known to use. Also have a Vic Cadet that I like to use.
I also have a '97 Vic Soldier. It was my EDC when I was an electrical tech. Really nice beefy flat screwdriver. I also have an '09 Soldier.[/quote]

sabre cat said:
If I had settle for only two, it would have to be the Cadet and the orange 550. Or the sheepsfoot grip I got from another member with the Cadet.
If I had to pick two, it would be my Explorer Plus and my Grip. Gotta have my toothpick, hehehe.

sabre cat said:
I want to dress up the Sheepsfoot Griptilian. Aftermarket clip and scales.
To me, the original Griptilian's scale traction was too sharp, so I'm all about dressing it up.

Back