EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Rainy evening hike

pluw7ZU.jpg

Man that's nice. I had hoped the Bugout would be my "knife for life" but as I box it up to send in for a spring, I'm thinking i should have saved up a little more and went with the small Sibenza. Do they have any flaws or maintenance that requires sending back.

I was the same way with my Bugout. It made me not want to carry any other knife up until the spring broke. I still love the knife but it lost the confidence factor it had before that.

7Bo7ivO.jpg

I have carried my Para 3 Maxemet for the last 34 days. I didn't really mean to but I haven't had the desire to carry anything else. Yesterday I dropped my knife and ended up chipping my blade a small amount. I was really dreading sharpening it but after 10 minutes with a medium ceramic stone I got almost all of it out. I did not expect that from this steel given how it has performed up to that point. Love this steel more and more.

Added the Lynch Clip on my para2 maxamet that just came in and a leather lanyard. Casey sure makes a nice clip ! I went with the sand washed clip again and it’s a perfect match.
It’s going to be hard to take the Strider out of my pocket but I love my Spydies to.
Thursday’s carry will be the Maxi brothers :)
YCp2oN4.jpg

Dchk7zY.jpg

Great, that's good to hear!
I would be interested, if they put bearings or washers on the AR?
It comes with washers phosphor bronze I believe and I don’t think bearings would be a good idea on such a heavy blade because it would slam open way to hard. As it is it’s still breaking in and it now can be Spydie flicked open and does that with Authority with just washers.The blade can free fall now also when releasing the lock bar . For deployment I prefer to just roll it open because I love the hydraulic feel it has . But it’s nice to know in a pinch I can flick it open fast if needed although rolling it open I don’t think would be a deal breaker lol.

Last edited:
It comes with washers phosphor bronze I believe and I don’t think bearings would be a good idea on such a heavy blade because it would slam open way to hard. As it is it’s still breaking in and it now can be Spydie flicked open and does that with Authority with just washers.The blade can free fall now also when releasing the lock bar . For deployment I prefer to just roll it open because I love the hydraulic feel it has . But it’s nice to know in a pinch I can flick it open fast if needed although rolling it open I don’t think would be a deal breaker lol.
Man, that sounds all good!:)
I've read about the pros and cons of washers vs bearings here on bf a little. Some of the other great knife makers (like CRK or Medford) are using bronze washers too, as they seem a little more resistant against water or dirt. The new Hinderers come with the three pivot system, where you can choose between teflon and bronze washers , or use the obstructed bearings. So far, I'm very pleased with my XM 24 how it came, but I'm curious how the action will be (on a flipper) with bronze washers. I'll have to check Rick's instruction video and give it a try...

Another picture of yesterday's carry. I gotta say, I'm loving this knife. The action isn't the smoothest, but it still flies open with the stiff detent. The blade shape has quickly become my favorite. For what I use it for, it can't be beat. I wish it had a deep carry clip though.

Tonight I'm taking it apart to clean and maybe that will help. Can't hurt.

UPNqvnD.jpg

Wooden Wednesday Workday doing a little framing and repair this afternoon getting ready for the sheet rockers. I'm helping my son put his upstairs apartment back together so he can get it rented since his younger brother bought a house and moved out. It was a Wet Wednesday here too, so no fresh pics, just these from my files of my HAP40 Endura. Man, this baby came wicked sharp out of the box and has broken in nicely with a little pivot tune-up in the five or six months I've had it.

9Ez9aOg.jpg

sJLAuXn.jpg

Beautiful!!

Back