EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Farting around at Dads. Took my nephew on a tractor ride.
rqwNgnx.jpg

Nice shot! How are you liking that Sumo?

Thanks took me 64 shots to pull that off. I really like it. The fidget factor is insane and through the roof! It has like 9 ways probably even more ways to deploy the blade.

1. Button lock swing
  2. Slowroll
  3. Fuller roll
  4. Thumbstud flick
  5. Reverse thumbstud flick
  6. Spydie flick (fuller)
  7. Flipper
  8. Two hand opening
  9. Hold blade gravity drop
  10. More to discover :D

Just missing a front flipper to round up every ways possible. It dethroned my Busker in term of fidget but at least it a front flipper though so not entirely. :p

The only thing that i dont dig is the pocket clip. Real hot spot here, literally digging into my palm.

edit: typo

Last edited:
Thanks took me 64 shots to pull that off. I really like it. The fidget factor in insane and through the roof! It has like 9 ways probably even more ways to deploy the blade.

1. Button lock swing
  2. Slowroll
  3. Fuller roll
  4. Thumbstud flick
  5. Reverse thumbstud flick
  6. Spydie flick (fuller)
  7. Flipper
  8. Two hand opening
  9. Hold blade gravity drop
  10. More to discover :D

Just missing a front flipper to round up every ways possible. It dethroned my Busker in term of fidget but at least it a front flipper though so not entirely. :p

The only thing that i dont dig is the pocket clip. Real hot spot here, literally digging into my palm.

I thought you might mention the fidget factor, heh. Good to know about the clip. Appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

I thought you might mention the fidget factor, heh. Good to know about the clip. Appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

Yes, that played a big part on why i wanted to get my hands on it. To be fair, doesn’t feel like a Hoback to me. Used to be extra chunky and overbuilt. This one seems more like a Reate made knife but American made.

You and I have such similar tastes in knives! The Nomad is a fun knife, and perhaps my loudest-opening non-flipper. I should ask for a photo of your collection and just make that my to-buy list. ;)

I'm carrying the backwards brothers today, a Fox 479 (clip on the "wrong" side for me) and an L-Via (blade on "backwards"). :D

sNOg8hb.jpg
Haha , I remember thinking a while ago that your taste in knives closely resembles mine :thumbsup:

I can’t get enough of the Nomad. It’s a chunky little knife with such smooth action and beautiful blade shape. Thats a sweet Fox btw. Now I want one :)

I was gonna follow up this post of Chip's last week with a Thick Thursday carry, but got seduced by my new 31 instead. I went Thick This time around, Though with my MP1 posing here on my Bosch cordless chop saw while I worked warm and dry on this Thoroughly wet day...

KRLWish.jpg

...and here on one of what K and I call "Tie Fighters"--just simple stock supports used with a slide or chop saw on a light, tabletop set-up.

a17Kq2w.jpg

I was gonna follow up this post of Chip's last week with a Thick Thursday carry, but got seduced by my new 31 instead. I went Thick This time around, Though with my MP1 posing here on my Bosch cordless chop saw while I worked warm and dry on this Thoroughly wet day...

KRLWish.jpg

...and here on one of what K and I call "Tie Fighters"--just simple stock supports used with a slide or chop saw on a light, tabletop set-up.

a17Kq2w.jpg
Chazzy I believe it's about time you carried my favorite your holy 710? I hope you've been taking good care or her? Lol

Back