EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

50524139852_953203b89d_o_d.jpg

Friday night new arrival a Kershaw Launch 11. Very impressed what a solid auto with no blade play and centered. Fires out with Authority to and topped with CPM154.
Wow great bang for the buck and must admit I was hesitant but this USA made In house design kershaw did not disappoint :thumbsup:
Feels amazing in hand to.
dGSbs4Q.jpg

ukGhXrE.jpg
Nice knife! What Kershaw can do with an edge anymore is pretty impressive

image.jpg Really digging the rat 2. Owner of rat 1 for years and as a work knife not bad. Aus 8 always had to keep up on it. I wanted to try something different but my trade really beats on knives.Not wanting to take the plunge and use one of my more expensive knives, I grabbed a rat 2 thinking it would be a little small and I never owned a d2 blade. I have only had it a couple days but in hand it is very comfortable I can just get 4 fingers on it. As for the d2 we will see but it makes me wonder about all the smaller knives out there that I always thought to small for me.

How is the size on the Yurei? I really want one but I'm a 3"-3.5" guy and I feel like it's a3 finger knife. any pics of it in your hand by any chance sir?

Btw my MDDK and my Ferus are amazing!!

TQXoGf1h.jpg

Mine is the Spark, so the handle length is roughly 3.4 inches...about a half-inch shorter than the handle on your Ferus. It’s definitely a three-finger grip for me and I’d say my hands are fairly average with slender fingers. However, there’s a caveat....the pinkie on my right hand is a wee-bit jacked up from an old break/injury. Four fingers that work properly might fit, lol. I’ll take a pic of it in my hand a bit later today.

By the way, I love that Ferus!

Last edited:
View attachment 1446805 Really digging the rat 2. Owner of rat 1 for years and as a work knife not bad. Aus 8 always had to keep up on it. I wanted to try something different but my trade really beats on knives.Not wanting to take the plunge and use one of my more expensive knives, I grabbed a rat 2 thinking it would be a little small and I never owned a d2 blade. I have only had it a couple days but in hand it is very comfortable I can just get 4 fingers on it. As for the d2 we will see but it makes me wonder about all the smaller knives out there that I always thought to small for me.

I've always been a medium-large knife user, but earlier this year I got a Spyderco Ladybug. That knife has changed my opinion on small knives -- I still like having a large, hand filling knife, but that tiny knife is perfectly capable of my everyday use.

Several years ago I bought a Rat 2 and immediately returned it thinking it was too small. I'm sure I would have a different opinion of the knife today.

Back