EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Found some of the last colored frosty leaves on the ground today.:)
SNPLh7Z.jpg

kIMDue4.jpg

did you ever get your Kapara?
I think mine has found a home with me
Additional photo coming
G2
Yes! It arrived in the mail yesterday and hasn't left my pocket since, it's perfect. Normally I don't like red, but the backspacer on it is so subdued it really flows with the knife. And the scales are very well done, the ergo on this one is really nice. This one is definitely one of my favorite Sypderco's.
Nice shot Gary !
They are wonderful knives and I absolutely love mine.

You guys made me feel guilty about not loving my Kapara more. I was really ambivalent about it when it first arrived. On the one hand, it's definitely a good looking piece with the exceptional F&F/build quality one would expect from a Taichung Spydie, it's wicked slicy, I'm a big fan of the compression lock, and I like the wire clip and CF a lot.

On the other hand, I feel like I have less knife in hand than I'd expect from a 3.5" bladed folder and it seems less robust than what I usually carry, though that's likely more feeling than fact. I also may have been put off by reading its designer's assertion that it was made with food prep in mind as I've never quite understood using a folder for that task other than in a pinch. I have good kitchen knives that do a much better job there without worrying about cleaning comestibles out of the pivot or from between the handle slabs. I'd pondered selling it soon after buying, but my wife really likes it and it's remained in my collection.

Anyway, I've been working at my desk today, doing load calculations for an upcoming project followed by a couple hours worth of sorting and filing and the Kapara's been with me cutting paper and opening mail. I would say that every time I do carry it I like it more and at this point it's definitely a keeper if not quite yet a favorite.

UDTDOGD.jpg

Z8dIift.jpg

Last edited:
You guys made me feel guilty about not loving my Kapara more. I was really ambivalent about it when it first arrived. On the one hand, it's definitely a good looking piece with the exceptional F&F/build quality one would expect from a Taichung Spydie, it's wicked slicy, I'm a big fan of the compression lock, and I like the wire clip and CF a lot.

On the other hand, I feel like I have less knife in hand than I'd expect from a 3.5" bladed folder and it seems less robust than what I usually carry, though that's likely more feeling than fact. I also may have been put off by reading its designer's assertion that it was made with food prep in mind as I've never quite understood using a folder for that task other than in a pinch. I have good kitchen knives that do a much better job there without worrying about cleaning comestibles out of the pivot or from between the handle slabs. I'd pondered selling it soon after buying, but my wife really likes it and it's remained in my collection.

Anyway, I've been working at my desk today, doing load calculations for an upcoming project followed by a couple hours worth of sorting and filing and the Kapara's been with me cutting paper and opening mail. I would say that every time I do carry it I like it more and at this point it's definitely a keeper if not quite yet a favorite.

UDTDOGD.jpg

Z8dIift.jpg

I know what you mean, the knife feels like a more delicate folder but I think it is actually sturdier than it looks, as for food prep I’ve cut my dinner and it does very well. But I wouldn’t replace my kitchen knives with it either.
Glad we had given you the nudge needed to take it for a spin today
:)
G2

Back