EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

У яиssia?

16107372585040.png

I won a Kizer Lieb in a generous giveaway here on BF, and it arrived today and became today's carry. My thanks to @Kizer Cutlery for the GAW! :)

This is dandy small flipper. I love this version, with its smooth micarta scales, and the modified sheepsfoot blade is great: reasonable stock thickness, full flat grind, N690 steel. The whole knife is charming and very people-friendly, and a 3.5-finger handle keeps it watch-pocket small.

iDLsqqs.jpg

I always find that specs for small knives are harder to picture, so I took a comparison shot with a few knives from my collection. The Lieb (left) is most similar to the CRKT Squid; I included the Flip Shank and Feist because in my collection, those are the next-closest knives. (The Bugout is there as a size comparison to a svelte smallish knife that lots of folks are familiar with.)

0a7dzQB.jpg

The Spar-K playing the role as my “Wingman” today.

Crap, now that I’m thinking about it I should’ve taken the picture with my Katla in the background....and closed with the quote: “Viper’s up here, great...oh $hit...

Off topic; yep, I’m not too proud to admit that I’m a “Top Gun” fanboy. Lost track of how many times I’ve seen it, but it still makes the cut as one of my top 5 movies of all time. I’m hoping “Maverick” doesn’t let me down, but even if the storyline sucks...the flight scenes will have me hyped for a month.

I’m rambling my ass off, sorry. Here’s a pic of “Goose”:

QKBj8vo.jpg

Man, thank goodness it's Friday!
When you get to a certain age with many more retired than working days and the latter mostly self-scheduled, one day becomes much more like any other and the significance of "Man, thank goodness it's Friday!...." is more like thank goodness I made it to another. ;) Enjoy your weekend for sure, though, my friend. :D

Anyway, I spent today at home toting around yesterday's mail call alongside what's now its companion, my Wilson Combat Extreme Lite Carry liner lock with cocobolo scales. This new one's the ELC Elite Titanium Framelock, a knife that I'd had my eye on for a number of years but kinda thought the price a little dear at $250 as the others of that model--linerlocks all with various scale materials--are around $150. Well, I was browsing the WC website as I do from time-to-time, ran across this model on sale at 40% off, and jumped on it at that price.

I'm getting a bit more into my mid-sized knives lately and am fond of my cocobolo version not only for its sentimental value--bought at the Ganiveteria Roca, an old school cutlery in the Place del Pi on a family vacation to Barcelona--but as it's light in pocket, great in hand, an excellent design, well built, and it's N690C blade came wicked sharp, thin behind the edge and cuts like a demon. This Ti frame lock version sports an Elmax blade with all the attributes of its cousin and weighs in a 4.25 oz compared to the lighter 3.625 oz wooden-scaled knife. It came a little stiff out of the box as it had the feel of a knife that languished in stock for a while, but adding a couple drops of oil and fidget flicking it for a day it's loosened up considerably and I expect it'll continue to break in with more handling and use.

Emtxvod.jpg

zLYxHke.jpg

vXPAqfX.jpg

CvzJmA9.jpg

Last edited:
in right front pocket: (large, 99mm closed) MAM "OPERARIO" (on the box: X001PU3CK5 Ref2042, and "NAVALHA POCKET KNIFE" in italics, and capitalized) Sheepsfoot Friction Folder. (it isn't the liner lock version.)

Also in right front Pocket: Cold Steel KUDU LITE slipjoint.

In right cargo pocket, a Cold Steel KUDU ring release back lock.

"Back in the day" in their native lands (and in the lands of the German and Portuguese Empires, as applicable) what were known as "penny knives".
I'm not sure if three constitutes a "roll", "group" "pocket change", "gathering", "rendezvous", or "mob".

View attachment 1491597

Back