EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

W13oply.jpg

nice setup! Hydrodip?

View attachment 1491974
got this user sprint in yesterday. Finally try out some Cruwear :cool:

Yes, I bought it slightly used, already hydrodipped. Also has a trigger job, folding charging handle, converted to left handed, and ambidextrous safety.

My stomach decided to be a dick today so I'm going to the range tomorrow. Oh well.

Nice Manix! I've yet to experience cruwear myself.

I started the day giving the newly acquired Viper Turn its due turn in the rotation:
vs2IywW.jpg

As it turned out, I arrived home just in time to meet my friendly FedEx delivery guy on his way up my driveway. It seems I’ve grown quite fond of these Le Thiers, so I thought I’d try out a “Gentleman” model to see how it compares to my “Pocket” version.

I opted for the stabilized burled beech end-grain handle for this one. My hasty pics don’t do it justice, but the wood is absolutely beautiful and has a lot of character. Very pleased with the decision:

T5AJF8B.jpg
uTpwHZA.jpg

For anyone familiar or interested in these knives, the additional 2cm the “Gentleman” boasts over the “Pocket” version (12cm vs 10cm) makes a world of difference. This is a big-ass knife, although I realize size is relative and very subjective. If anyone’s interested, I’ll post a comparison shot when I have a bit more time.

Anyway, apologies for the long-winded post. The bottom line is I’m making a late afternoon swap to the new arrival, hopefully with some better pics down the road.
x068xDW.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks!

I didn't expect my first 2021 release to arrive so soon! I'd figured March, maybe; what a pleasant surprise. :) Today's pairing is the entirely reasonable Spartan Blades Astor and the entirely unreasonable CRKT Ritual (4.5" Persian-style flipper!). :D

I have to say that this is the first CRKT knife I've bought that I unequivocally like right out of the box. Now I've probably jinxed it. :oops:

There's usually at least one thing I'd change with every CRKT I've owned (or at least one thing wrong with them...), and I thought for sure that'd be the assisted opening -- but the assist is perfectly executed and, somehow, doesn't feel out of place on this knife. Often the price is the thing I'd change, but at ~$80 street I think this puppy is priced just right for a knife this unusual, a Folts design, and 12C27 steel. :thumbsup:

1lwmNIq.jpg

There is something about that CRKT that just says buy me to me. I was definitely happy to see a good steel too. I look forward to seeing it in your rotation for now anyway! I cant scratch that itch just now!! Enjoy!!!

I started the day giving the newly acquired Viper Turn its due turn in the rotation:
vs2IywW.jpg

As it turned out, I arrived home just in time to meet my friendly FedEx delivery guy on his way up my driveway. It seems I’ve grown quite fond of these Le Thiers, so I thought I’d try out a “Gentleman” model to see how it compares to my “Pocket” version.

I opted for the stabilized burled beech end-grain handle for this one. My hasty pics don’t do it justice, but the wood is absolutely beautiful and has a lot of character. Very pleased with the decision:

T5AJF8B.jpg
uTpwHZA.jpg

For anyone familiar or interested in these knives, the additional 2cm the “Gentleman” boasts over the “Pocket” version (12cm vs 10cm) makes a world of difference. This is a big-ass knife, although I realize size is relative and very subjective. If anyone’s interested, I’ll post a comparison shot when I have a bit more time.

Anyway, apologies for the long-winded post. The bottom line is I’m making a late afternoon swap to the new arrival, hopefully with some better pics down the road.
x068xDW.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks!

Beautiful Knives!

Yes, a comparison shot would be very helpful. I've been very tempted by Le Pocket but concerned that the size might be a little small for my med/large hands. I don't want to be gripping onto the lock release portion that the blade closes into...

After hitting the gym with my Proper this morning, I made us lunch, changed to street clothes, and did our grocery shopping ahead of spending the late afternoon and evening watching the NFL Playoffs. I also switched to my aptly-named CKF MILK for that task. You may wonder about the appropriateness of such a long blade for a trip to the Stop&Shop, but with everyone wearing masks it's hard to tell the zombies from the real shoppers. :eek:

HzN5KGy.jpg

kxf5nOm.jpg

Back