EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

20210120-173908.jpg

These in the pocket today. After seeing how much the forum knife is going for lately I am wondering if it would be smarter to carry a sharpened piece of gold.
8B757A42-D8FD-445C-894C-FD7896945165.jpeg 0F8E33D8-6641-4CF4-8476-4AC86FF1916D.jpeg
These old thing gets a lot of work done. It is used for clearing tangles in the Bush Hog and does it well. I think it’s a handmade job from who knows where. The handle is a hard plastic. It works very well.
00775BD5-B5D4-4C3E-9DE0-193152C7B789.jpeg

I had a bunch of boxes to break down, and I'm so used to using a knife because it's fun that I forgot how much easier it is with a tool designed for the job. ;)

And it's actually a pretty neat little box cutter, too: It's a button lock folder, but the button locks it in both the open and closed positions. Snaps open nicely with just a little wrist, too.

E859wuY.jpg

Klein Tools box cutter / Spartan Blades Astor / Benchmade SOCP Folder

Looks good. No more worries, something good out of a bad.
Thanks man. Much better than letting a snapped blade just waste in a box
Looks good! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank ya much
Wow looks great! That would be so handy doing carpenter work.
Thanks bud. Yea it would. It works pretty good for my uses so far.

DC-18 3" 1gen spanto , how much for customisation? yeshplz write me up! Am ready to send in!
I didn’t do the work. I sent it off to another guy
Looks good. How's it handling the work load? Satisfactory I bet!!
It worked just fine today. There was one use where I had to adjust how I normally do it but other than that no complaints. When I’m stripping romex I usually take the tip and run it upwards. With that blade I just have to start from the top and strip towards myself. Not a big deal
That turned out nice considering where it started.;)
Yes it is. That’s that blades third life haha

That thing is amazing! Very well done on that repair job!!
Yes it did. Thanks man. I didn’t do the work but the guy who did really did a great job. No complaints at all. Perfect. I even tried to find a fault in it today at lunch. Not a one

Hope everyone is having a good day! Mine's been hectic, but I'm very happy with the inkosi in my pocket!

Dcdavis Dcdavis That is a sweet recovery! Looks very fun to use!

View attachment 1494568
Yea I’m pleased with it. Just glad I was able to salvage it. Silver lining to every situation

Had this one in my pocket all day. Then I pulled a stupid outta my ass...I lost my grip, fumbled the knife into the air and watched in horror as it did a triple somersault into the concrete....all for the sake of an errant thread flopping from my shirt.

This probably isn’t the place to ask, but I’m gonna float it out there anyway. I put a field of dings/divots in the bolster (second pic). Can anyone advise me on what to use to polish those out...or if it’s even possible without stripping away too much of the steel?

I realize for most it’s just a character scar and part of the hobby, but this was intended to be light-duty knife and I’m extremely fond of it. I also deal with clinical OCD, which is managed to a point....but this one ain’t gonna sit well with me.

Again, apologies if asking here is gonna prove to be fodder for the Chardonnay and Brie crowd. Maybe there’s a forum member who can repair it if that’s what it’ll take.

If you’d care to offer any suggestions, feel free to DM me if that’s more appropriate. Thanks in advance.
oGa86iW.jpg
cFhAbf2.jpg

Had this one in my pocket all day. Then I pulled a stupid outta my ass...I lost my grip, fumbled the knife into the air and watched in horror as it did a triple somersault into the concrete....all for the sake of an errant thread flopping from my shirt.

This probably isn’t the place to ask, but I’m gonna float it out there anyway. I put a field of dings/divots in the bolster (second pic). Can anyone advise me on what to use to polish those out...or if it’s even possible without stripping away too much of the steel?

I realize for most it’s just a character scar and part of the hobby, but this was intended to be light-duty knife and I’m extremely fond of it. I also deal with clinical OCD, which is managed to a point....but this one ain’t gonna sit well with me.

Again, apologies if asking here is gonna prove to be fodder for the Chardonnay and Brie crowd. Maybe there’s a forum member who can repair it if that’s what it’ll take.

If you’d care to offer any suggestions, feel free to DM me if that’s more appropriate. Thanks in advance.
oGa86iW.jpg
cFhAbf2.jpg
I feel the pain.

This probably isn’t the place to ask, but I’m gonna float it out there anyway. I put a field of dings/divots in the bolster (second pic). Can anyone advise me on what to use to polish tho out...or if it’s even possible without stripping away too much of the steel?

I would think 500 grit wet dry sand paper would take that out pretty quickly. Since your bolsters are satin already, just sand in the direction of the grain. Go slow and check ever so often. Just report back and let us know how it went.

JonesE

I would think 500 grit wet dry sand paper would take that out pretty quickly. Since your bolsters are satin already, just sand in the direction of the grain. Go slow and check ever so often. Just report back and let us know how it went.

JonesE

I appreciate the tip. I figured sandpaper might be the answer but hadn’t a clue as to what grit would allow me to best match the finish. Thank you.

oGa86iW.jpg
cFhAbf2.jpg

Sorry to hear about the OCD, I get it.

I know this won’t help much, but I am quite fond of wear marks, patina, gouges, scrapes, dents, scratches, and so on.

I think it looks awesome as is.

Those divots are there to stay unless you sand them out. You could start with Barkeepers Friend and work through fine grits to see what happens.

Omg bm claymor !

Siiiiiiiick :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes! Under dlc bevel Looks like sum dimension cutting from Cube.2 or elsewhere
Thanks man. Much better than letting a snapped blade just waste in a box

Thank ya much

Thanks bud. Yea it would. It works pretty good for my uses so far.

I didn’t do the work. I sent it off to another guy

It worked just fine today. There was one use where I had to adjust how I normally do it but other than that no complaints. When I’m stripping romex I usually take the tip and run it upwards. With that blade I just have to start from the top and strip towards myself. Not a big deal

Yes it is. That’s that blades third life haha

Yes it did. Thanks man. I didn’t do the work but the guy who did really did a great job. No complaints at all. Perfect. I even tried to find a fault in it today at lunch. Not a one

Yea I’m pleased with it. Just glad I was able to salvage it. Silver lining to every situation
I know, Jk bro!

Back