EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Wtf u mean All 9 lives in Russia?

hq720.jpg

16114266292770.png

I've been engaged in a bit of back-and-forth with @halden.doerge over at the Cheburkov Channel about the Small Strizh, so I dropped mine into my sweatshirt pocket heading over to work out on Carbon Fiber Friday. It's so light (2.5 0z) I didn't notice it in the pocket after changing and putting my gym clothes aside and spent a little while searching for it.

U8wXQbp.jpg

ApTKDYZ.jpg

I did a mid-day Framelock Flipper Friday Flip, sticking with Cheburkov but going to the other end of the size spectrum with the Voron.

NQZIExE.jpg

4J665yW.jpg

BhYZwnG.jpg

Edited to correct a doubled up pic in the fourth position. Thanks for the Likes regardless of my f'up. ;)

Ive had my eye on the milled handle scout for some time although the CF strizh looks excellent also. Nice pair you have there!

I'm still finding myself defaulting to these two, the Raine and the Astor. :)

vcU4LYO.jpg

How do you like the Kirby Lambert Drop Raine? Fantastic looking folder!

I love that the clip matches the blade, it’s absolutely gorgeous. Should’ve known it was a custom.

On a side note, I’ve got a file of custom-knife pics that gets longer by the day. I don’t know how you guys ever decide to pull the trigger and make the leap to that first one. I guess ya’ know it’s right when ya’ know it’s right?

Lol, I thought I had found “The One” in a sold out CultroTech Svarn II. Turned out to be 1 of 3 prototypes made. I reached out to the maker to ask about having one commissioned. “No problem” they said.

The cost? $25,000.

Bahahaha. I guess that’s one way to know when a knife isn’t “The One”.

Again, beautiful knife. Enjoy!

I went through a long phase of custom and very high-end production knives, spent quite a bit of money only to find out that I really just enjoy automatic knives; always have. I’ve now sold off nearly all of my old knives to just focus on my growing collection of Microtechs (with the occasional Protech or other auto).

Custom knives are very bland to me now, they don’t call to me like they use to. There was a bit of cachet or prestige in ownership with customs for me, that’s now gone though. There’s nothing wrong with production knives, and honestly, just because the knife is made by one guy, custom or whatever, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily better. I’ve honestly experienced and seen more F&F issues in custom knives than I have with production knives.

On the contrary, there’s nothing wrong with custom knives either. It can take a long time to find out which knives you truly enjoy, or some people just like variety! There’s no wrong or right way to enjoy this hobby!

...well, unless you’re collecting clones or M-Techs or some other flavor of garbage :poop::D

Oh, and to stay on topic, this just arrived so now I’ll be carrying this for the rest of the day.

0hIkXkp.jpg

I love that the clip matches the blade, it’s absolutely gorgeous. Should’ve known it was a custom.

On a side note, I’ve got a file of custom-knife pics that gets longer by the day. I don’t know how you guys ever decide to pull the trigger and make the leap to that first one. I guess ya’ know it’s right when ya’ know it’s right?

Lol, I thought I had found “The One” in a sold out CultroTech Svarn II. Turned out to be 1 of 3 prototypes made. I reached out to the maker to ask about having one commissioned. “No problem” they said.

The cost? $25,000.

Bahahaha. I guess that’s one way to know when a knife isn’t “The One”.

Again, beautiful knife. Enjoy!

Yowzas....25k is a little on the rich side for my taste haha...

If you have facebook join the gareth bull b/s/t page I dont do Facebook but got one just for the knife pages.

Sometimes you will see one go up for 2-1/2 to 2-7/8crks or 1-1/2to 2-1/8 shiros or 2-1/2 hinderers which isnt too bad.

I went through a long phase of custom and very high-end production knives, spent quite a bit of money only to find out that I really just enjoy automatic knives; always have. I’ve now sold off nearly all of my old knives to just focus on my growing collection of Microtechs (with the occasional Protech or other auto).

Custom knives are very bland to me now, they don’t call to me like they use to. There was a bit of cachet or prestige in ownership with customs for me, that’s now gone though. There’s nothing wrong with production knives, and honestly, just because the knife is made by one guy, custom or whatever, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily better. I’ve honestly experienced and seen more F&F issues in custom knives than I have with production knives.

On the contrary, there’s nothing wrong with custom knives either. It can take a long time to find out which knives you truly enjoy, or some people just like variety! There’s no wrong or right way to enjoy this hobby!

...well, unless you’re collecting clones or M-Techs or some other flavor of garbage :poop::D

Oh, and to stay on topic, this just arrived so now I’ll be carrying this for the rest of the day.

0hIkXkp.jpg
What microtech is that? Where did you score it? By the by your scarab II pics inspired me to pick one up.....thanks for that

What microtech is that? Where did you score it? By the by your scarab II pics inspired me to pick one up.....thanks for that

Haha, no problem, the Scarab II is an awesome knife. The one pictured is a Combat Troodon Delta, all DLC blade/hardware with nickel boron coated internals (some BCGs have this coating for corrosion and smoothness). There are also ports on the bottom of the body and flutes on the blade like the Scarab has to expel dust and water. Over the top tactical, just how I like it :cool:

Last edited:

:eek: I like that, very nice! Which model WE?

Been spending a lot of time in the garage lately modding stuff. Last night I tore up the now discontinued BM Vallation. De-assisted, removed safety and the heavy solid steel backspacer. Replaced with titanium standoffs milled down to the correct width, de-anodized the black and hand buffed the aluminum scales with steel wool. Changed the black deep carry clip to satin, and all satin hardware. Shaved off almost half an ounce of weight. Titanium thumbstuds are on their way in the mail.

HHi95c5.jpg

X8oYcdX.jpg

turned out nice i dig it :thumbsup:

I like it! It's definitely a chonky boy, but I like that aesthetic. Fit and finish are incredible, as expected from Reate. The Fat Carbon is fascinating stuff, definitely grew on me the longer I spent with the knife. It's one of the nicest knives I own.

The Raine is a looker for sure and no doubt very well made judging from the one older model Reate i own, the Hills. Maybe its about time to try another one :).

Decided to switch up to something a little
nicer after a half day at work and like the Lambert Raine its also a Drop collab. The Gavko Thresher, although this one is made by WE.
16F3A0B7-C7DA-485D-876C-DA47FE3660D8.jpeg

Last edited:
@Zeroedin

Just for you, man. Two Shamwari’s.
The Damasteel is an original on pb washers and I added the MOP inlays.
Second is the WE produced ShamWEri, with a revolver cylinder with one casing in it engraved on the pivot collar/overstop, and a smoking barrel on the clip. It is on bearings.
DAF74D3A-36FB-4141-8909-EB071943225E.jpeg
FBFB5D9C-84A7-4C5C-9A56-3E6D5F887B3B.jpeg
Had a few others over the years from Gareth, all on bearings, but I’m a washers guy so off they went to new homes.

Back