EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

1c5snEI.jpg

Sunday house call from one of my favorite doctors. Not only is this one beautifully designed and built, but it's like having two knives in one--the first that's slim, light, and disappears in pocket at 3.125oz, the other a full 3.875" Vanax37, thin behind the edge, slicing, piercing, cutting machine.

KZsMxuT.jpg

VSWmzgv.jpg

18FLyuL.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, Edge. Your post reminds me of a String of Strizhness in this thread from back in July involving @TenShun705 at Post 36,462, @grybsh7 at 36,495, our lamentably still MIA @Fullflat at 36,506 whose friends understand how he feels but miss him regardless, myself at 36610, and back to TenShun at 36,618. The Small Strizh both carries smaller and cuts bigger than its size and is indeed an excellent knife.

You mentioned eyeing the Scout which falls right between the two I pictured earlier. It's essentially the Cheburkov equivalent to the justly celebrated Shiro F95 Turtle and is a helluva value at less than half the price. Here's a pic of the two from my Scout review of April 2018. Just know that they come both with and without interior milling and if weight is a factor, make sure you inquire of the seller which it is as many descriptions and weights are boilerplate.

GoUgbHx.jpg

Back on topic and despite the mentions above, this became not Strizh, Scout, or Shiro but instead Starbenza Saturday, done in one of my favorite handle patterns--Wilson Combat Starburst. I tend to think of the 25 as a prototype Inkosi as the latter is really just a renamed and improved Sebenza 25. This one is the freest and smoothest out-of-the-box of my numerous CRKs and went right from being the seller's BNIB safe queen to a work user the day I got it.

a9LOhv3.jpg

aNs4rzT.jpg

Thank you for the post references Ill definitely revisit those and owning a Hati myself which is basically an F95 the comparison pic is helpful. The Scout looks to have a lot in common with it and a Cheb has been high on my list for some time.

Awesome starbenza also! always liked the WC versions:thumbsup:

Thanks, me too.
M390 hollow grind, integral frame lock with ceramic bearings & detent.
WE’s full 3D sculpting on this single billet of Ti is both excellent and extensive. It is shaped like it was made of clay, so it’s extremely comfortable in hand and in pocket. The surface texturing is outstanding.
I Love it.
It’s a WE Synergy2
designed by Jim O’Young.
Check it out

Thanks for the details ill def check it out! A true work of art :cool:

A late mail call from yesterday making it into the pocket for today, the CS Bush Ranger! Just had to check it out after @Quiet excellent review and all the praise here for the model. it does not disappoint with 3D milled and very nicely contoured G10 which is very comfortable. Can’t wait to put it to work :)
D31DD5B4-177E-4750-9CE9-16B216F1B053.jpeg

Back