EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

50202005142_039e372a4e_z.jpg

Along with a couple other knives, I'm giving this Spyderco Spur with GIN-1 stainless steel a go today. I've carried it so much (since 1989) that the Kraton insert has worn away.

j7p6hp3.jpg

Here's another Spur - this one with G2 stainless steel - just for comparison to show what the Kraton insert looks like. I've only carried this one a few times.

DN5JaG1.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a WE Yucha ("harpoon" in Mandarin) on the Exchange -- my first WE-made knife that's an actual WE, rather than WE acting as OEM for another company (Drop, etc.). :)

This is from the period when WE had (thankfully) ditched their goofy star fasteners, but before they'd embraced their current design language. A transitional period, I guess? Whatever the case, I dig it. 3.9" S35VN blade, gorgeous contoured CF, rounded spine, and as expected it's flawless in every way.

coG3IZv.jpg

Can’t stop carrying this. I feel like a small Sebenza would complete me....
Eapcmqf.jpg
They (will) make a notable pair together. For me it was the other way around, and I first was surprised how big the large Sebenza is compared to its small sibling. Still a four finger grip for medium/large hands on the small version, a practical blade size and more pocket friendly. The frame length is nearly the same as a victorinox farmer.
What's that cool handle called on your seb?

Back