EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

GEC#62, Teckel2 and Seb21.
wnGWvAD.jpg

Once you have an opinion on the edge retention, can you get back to us? I've heard (from other forums) that some of these escape the factory without any heat treat at all. At the very least, I think they might have a relaxed attitude toward inspection and testing. ;) But I would like to hear your thoughts.

Once you have an opinion on the edge retention, can you get back to us? I've heard (from other forums) that some of these escape the factory without any heat treat at all. At the very least, I think they might have a relaxed attitude toward inspection and testing. ;) But I would like to hear your thoughts.

I sharpened it up late last night and to me it did feel a little softer than I expected but will see if the edge goes quickly
Did the other guys have a recourse of getting it resolved?
G2

Edited to add: OK, the mirror polished edge bevels I applied got the knife very sharp, I cut up a cardboard box this morning into little bits and it would still pop paracord easily, whittled on some wood, same results, so I think so far this is providing as much edge retention as I have seen in other knives I've owned and should be ok...fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

I like some of the slip joints you had shown from Civivi, I think it was them, the Appalachian, something that looks traditional but with modern materials like micarta.
I didn’t get the Appalachian as I wasn’t sure about the tension that it has when open but I went for the Trailblazer and that is very good, I have the orange scaled one up for sale as I just got a Damascus version
G2

I need to stay away from frame and liner locks for a couple days to let the nasty little weather cut on my thumb heal with the aid of a bit of Badger Balm to keep my old, dry working hands soft. Going through my Russian and American mid-tech drawers I find only one knife without such a lock, so it's over to the Benchmade section as the AXIS is a good choice when that old digit is acting up. There's not much about this one that's immediately recognizably BMK, but it's still one at heart.

7wWGTVS.jpg

herT789.jpg

MDecZ02.jpg

5hCWzQW.jpg

Last edited:

Sure is, Dcdavis Dcdavis !! I actually also kept the Inkosi in my duties this weekend.
The lowdown...the Inkosi is a fantastic knife. It is stout, smooth when filthy, and sharp. It will have it’s spot in my rotation (due to sentimental value/stoutness), however, it won’t be carried at work too much. :( The point between the two finger grooves sits at a weird spot and pinches my finger when bearing down. If this fit my hand perfectly, it would be a different story. :)
I can see how you love the Inkosi so much, and my assessment is that it is a fine tool. :)

This switcharoo was a bunch of fun, D, and looking forward to doing another one soon.

0FD509AF-B53D-47AB-84CC-F966A41A5FC8.jpeg

In other news, @Jo the Machinist from CPK came through with my antique micarta scales for my DEK1. Looks so so sexy now @woodysone !! Carried these two the whole weekend.
Keep ‘em Sharp folks.

Last edited:
Back