EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Zasmp5Q.jpg

Three Rivers Thursday. That's the short version of my longest-named knife--even just sticking with the initialed version it's the TRM RJ Martin MEFP Machine Flipper.

c7BxeEl.jpg

It's seems a bit odd to so like a knife that has a lot of features that aren't usually up my alley. It's really kinda tactical with a Spanto-ish blade but I do like its hollow grind, raised thumb ramp with jimping, generous swedge, and killer convex edge hand-sharpened by RJ himself. I generally prefer flippers that come out easily relying more on their design proportions instead of stiff detents, but this one does fire out nicely when light-switched and the lock disengages easily with the blade index-finger flicking closed without the tab getting in the way.

wISy702.jpg

Open-back construction is generally my preference, but I do kinda like the full G10 geared backspacer on this one. This knife is really good in hand, though I'm not sure if the unusual front-to-back undulations of handle slab thickness really contribute to that or if it's more a matter of its overall shape with the finger contours along the bottom and down-turned butt end.

Bt5yADJ.jpg

The one other Frag pattern knife I bought was my XM24 but I sold off that scale, replacing it with the originally included RHK orange G10. I like the MEFP on this one, though, and do prefer it to the look of the longitudinal milling on the other versions of this knife despite the fact that I really enjoy my many fluted Ti knives.

soBohLA.jpg

Last edited:
I took a 5 year hiatus from these forums as a newly married man before finally returning (when money came :)). During those 5 years, I carried this knife 80% of the time. This is the blade after I polished it last night. This blade will always be special to me!

Have a good day, friends!

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

Last edited:
I went deep into the knife drawer today. Carrying the Chinook II today around the house.

And just because it cares, it bit me to. I released the lock bar and the blade dropped on my finger before I could get it out of the way. I usually drop the blade onto finger where the choil lands and then move my finger out of the way. I was further down blade this time. Oh well, I guess I will smart for a while.

Back