EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

dVZfhNV.jpg

Day 18. Time start pairing my XM-18 with other stuff, in this case my new Boker Plus balisong trainer. :)

My balisong experience consists of owning one crappy no-name $10 trainer, so I was surprised at how difficult it is to buy a moderately priced trainer if you're trying to avoid clones and you want G10 handles. At $56, this one fits the bill nicely so far.

EIOeop5.jpg

Last edited:
I put in some time this afternoon at a client's home figuring out what'll be required to run an additional air supply to the second floor next to the chimney as part of their HVAC conversion. The first floor deck and up through the closet is fine but there was some mystery framing in the second floor that required pulling up a couple floorboards in the adjacent storage area to decipher. My inside job pics were poor and by the time I got home I'd lost the light, so I went back into my files for a couple of the old work favorite I carried and used today.

MF9bYvK.jpg

KJu0gtg.jpg

Last edited:
Not only is that a sexy blade, N690 is some solid stuff too!! Real easy to sharpen up to wicked;)
This N690 seems to be extremely well done as well.
To be expected from a company with over 150 years of experience and producing small batches.
My guess is they've got the processes down to a science.
The blade is a thin(ish) hollow grind and the edge is consistent on both sides and looks hand convexed.
It treetopped a hair right out of the box, and still does. :)
As I said, they know their stuff. :thumbsup:

Back