EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

feels like spring is here
JOzgIDi.jpg

LX3MJoK.jpg

Pakkawood is pretty similar to the Dymond Wood on my Crooked River and North Fork in case you've had a BMK with that. One article I read said they were the same stuff, though I've also read that Dymond is dyed birch while some have described Pakka as "mahogany", in quotes as almost everything so called is something else.

Anyway, the Pakkawood is laminated and resin infused as you probably know. My three--Delica, Endura, Police--all were more matte than my BMKs and were frankly kinda meh at first, but the wood quickly took on more luster as they picked up oil from my hands. While I prefer the real thing like ironwood, bocote, or cocobolo, I'm well pleased with my Pakkawood Spydies and am glad to have them.

One more note here is that I asked Knifecenter to pick out handles for me with as much straight grain as possible and a good balance of light and dark as I don't care for that mostly black, swirly look. I also asked for reasonably consistent and not too low laminate lines. I like doing business with KC and they've always been accommodating and quick to ship.

qNk22sb.jpg

UVbBAds.jpg

I love these knives!!

Please stop posting that Microtech. I can’t legally carry one in my State but I can own one and that distressed red is calling to me. The more I see it the more likely I am to
buy a knife I can’t leave the house with.

Today is the K390 Police again. I’ve been carrying it lately to see if I need the lightweight (I don’t think so) but it is still jeans season...plus this knife has a sentimental value. Some here will recall a little issue I had with my original. Happy to report this replacement is still perfect in every way.

F58331DD-4D0A-4B8C-8031-EF403E7527B3.jpeg

Enjoyed an extremely rare occasion to actually “dress up” this afternoon...beyond the typical shorts and t-shirt ensemble that has gradually become my “everyday look” this past year.

So I thought it’d be a nice opportunity to carry my latest arrival, which (according to my wife) will also be my last purchase for quite some time to come, lol.

Anyway, I’ve had my eye on the Newports for a while now, just waiting for the right one to reveal itself. When I saw this one start popping up last week I was all set to go. My pics don’t really do it justice, but the abalone inlay is absolutely beautiful (assuming you like this type of embellishment on a knife).
G6ZT4os.jpg
PRAL57E.jpg
jsSdxtC.jpg

Back