EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Whoooo!! Enjoy the day with your boy!! You're a damn good dad.
Thanks man. In all honesty the little fella is my best friend. I had a real good dad and just want to try my best as well. I enjoy it. All the ducks were sold out at every place that was open today. Chickens were available but gonna wait and get them all at the same time. Spent the afternoon hanging out in the deer stand “clubhouse” as he calls it, riding fourwheelers, fishing, and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Weather is breaking and days are getting longer finally. Let him play with the Inkosi a little bit when his mom wasn’t around E0A4F804-983B-4A34-9B1E-C4B5B46CADE6.jpegE83397F9-AB45-4A4E-B1B7-20A72CCF8A4B.jpeg705BF8DD-65EE-40EE-985A-23203529C4BA.jpeg

Thanks man. In all honesty the little fella is my best friend. I had a real good dad and just want to try my best as well. I enjoy it. All the ducks were sold out at every place that was open today. Chickens were available but gonna wait and get them all at the same time. Spent the afternoon hanging out in the deer stand “clubhouse” as he calls it, riding fourwheelers, fishing, and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Weather is breaking and days are getting longer finally. Let him play with the Inkosi a little bit when his mom wasn’t around View attachment 1523180View attachment 1523182View attachment 1523183

Dad's like you motivate me to be a better father!

The Dad life can be a challenge at times, haha.

Have a great night my friend

Straightening your hair? :p

Amazing shot!

View attachment 1523067
View attachment 1523068

switched up from the TRM atom after seeing @K.O.D. beautiful Southard! Mine would get a lot more carry time if it weren't for the clip monstrosity. It just doesn't fit the knife so maybe ill check out MXG as @JonesE suggested as they do make excellent clips although I’d prefer just the stocker so shot Spyderco an email to see if they are still available.

edit: found a nice clip at MXG and in route!

I just ordered an MXG clip Friday, too

1obIiRI.jpg

pifw2De.jpg

nYZ28Rl.jpg

DoAjodT.jpg

7in blade, 12in OAL, 10oz, 30 bhte.
Finally finished up this Matt inspired camp knife! He was a huge reason why I started making blades. It started life as an old Nicholson W1 file. I tempered it to back to around 58-60rc then PAINSTAKINGLY ground the bevels with my little 1X30 grinder. It has removable micarta handles, cold blued tang and spine hand rubbed bevels to 1k grit. Sheath is kydex set up for CM carry with his signature lighter holder. It fought me the whole way, the hardware was a PITA the bevels took forever, and my finishes had to be redone but I'm so happy how this one turned out!

Thanks man. In all honesty the little fella is my best friend. I had a real good dad and just want to try my best as well. I enjoy it. All the ducks were sold out at every place that was open today. Chickens were available but gonna wait and get them all at the same time. Spent the afternoon hanging out in the deer stand “clubhouse” as he calls it, riding fourwheelers, fishing, and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Weather is breaking and days are getting longer finally. Let him play with the Inkosi a little bit when his mom wasn’t around View attachment 1523180View attachment 1523182View attachment 1523183
Looks like fun man! Me and my buddy played with our new RC truck today.

How are you liking the mini? The regular Adamas always caught my eye, but I could never pull the trigger on it because of it’s size. The mini is currently on my probably going to buy list.

I apologise for the late reply.

It's kind of hitting the Goldie Lox zone in many areas for me. It is comfortable for my Large size hands in Multiple positions.

And it has a build that can take a beating. I can't remember how many PM2 tips I've broken lol. Not this one.

It's proving to be an amazing utility knife. It's not often I grab a knife and feel like stabbing things. This one does that ;). It is asking for a challenge.

For the price it's an amazing knife and steel.

I just ordered an MXG clip Friday, too

They make excellent quality replacements and are my go to for deep carry clips on folders that ride excessively high from the factory (Spyderco Smock or the Stretch G10 comes to mind, both now sporting MXGs) although i didn't realize they also offer standard carry clips as well which is what i went with for the Southard.
Generally im fine with stock clips as they are usually designed with ergos in mind and while i do like a deeper carry, not at the expense of hot spots or a clip that sticks up higher than the frame/scale such as the current one on my Southard (unknown make and came on the knife along with the modded scale). The MXG should be a big improvement from the looks of their stock photos :thumbsup:.

Attachments

• 133A5E79-22C6-43CF-90F6-10370186194D.jpeg
    133A5E79-22C6-43CF-90F6-10370186194D.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2D37DF04-028A-4A59-B5AA-AFD36CB4B2F7.jpeg
    2D37DF04-028A-4A59-B5AA-AFD36CB4B2F7.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 7DE6E03E-C9F7-41AE-89F0-2E1775A2F9BC.jpeg
    7DE6E03E-C9F7-41AE-89F0-2E1775A2F9BC.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
They make excellent quality replacements and are my go to for deep carry clips on folders that ride excessively high from the factory (Spyderco Smock or the Stretch G10 comes to mind, both now sporting MXGs) although i didn't realize they also offer standard carry clips as well which is what i went with for the Southard.
Generally im fine with stock clips as they are usually designed with ergos in mind and while i do like a deeper carry, not at the expense of hot spots or a clip that sticks up higher than the frame/scale such as the current one on my Southard (unknown make and came on the knife along with the modded scale). The MXG should be a big improvement from the looks of their stock photos :thumbsup:.

I ordered mine for my Para 3. Para 3's ride high. And not for nothing, but I like the looks of the MXG clip over the factory one.

I just hope I don't fight stripped screw holes from the factory like I did on my PM2.

Looks like fun man! Me and my buddy played with our new RC truck today.
Awesome. That’s one thing we haven’t got into just yet. We got him a smaller/cheaper one for Christmas, he played with it for a few days, lost the charger and never really said much about it again. I wouldn’t mind getting a nicer one this summer

Back