EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

WeOXkmQ.jpg

Today is day two of a rainy weekend for us and the weather reflects my mood and the fact that today is another day with a screaming headache. Argh! Oh, well trying to take it easy.

Carrying my Elmax ZT0562 around the house today. Last summer I swapped the scales to the white and black carbon fiber scales from SDK. I am not sure how I feel about it. I like the milling on the scale and that it ties in the original hardware. But I think it might be a bit much.

Been a very eventful wedding weekend (not mine). First time traveling long distance with the 8 month old, he was a trooper. I’ve been carrying these two the whole time, day 14 for the Firetac and day 11 for the Scarab II. I hope everyone has been doing good!

A2E33579-D46F-4413-A143-6D5897DDBDB2.jpeg

For @Sharp & Fiery on an SBG Sunday. This is more like it, no?

With the knife a bit more broken in and tuned up, I'm finding the button lock action to be so similar to the best of my AXIS lock BMK's, easily flickable and effortlessly free-dropping. I was tempted to crack it open to get the grease out that seems to be prevalent in a lot of knives from across the pond, but with it running well after two drops of NanoOil and a slight loosening of the pivot I'll leave well enough alone for now.

The AXIS lock similarity also extends to the care needed when removing from pocket to avoid inadvertent partial opening due to spring-dependent detents. Having shared my nitpicks, I'm curious about yours that have held you back from picking one of these up.

4IpyqrI.jpg

8fk6j5h.jpg

MRYmrA3.jpg

I first became aware of the Swiss Border Guard from a photo posted by @Barman1. It was love at first sight; however, I hesitated over the "Buy" button for two reasons: 1) lack of user stories on the web, and 2) the high carry position of the pocket clip. After a little research I found a custom clip maker willing to make a deep carry clip and that green lighted the purchase for me.

I've been carrying the SBG for a little over a week and it's fabulous piece. I have to send the original clip to the maker for proper sizing but removing the soft proprietary clip screws was a challenge. I had stripped the heads with ill fitting bits, so the the real star of today's story is the Screw Pliers M2.
8sT4ITjl.jpg

apCqCxFl.jpg

sWcnZkNl.jpg

I first became aware of the Swiss Border Guard from a photo posted by @Barman1. It was love at first sight; however, I hesitated over the "Buy" button for two reasons: 1) lack of user stories on the web, and 2) the high carry position of the pocket clip. After a little research I found a custom clip maker willing to make a deep carry clip and that green lighted the purchase for me.

I've been carrying the SBG for a little over a week and it's fabulous piece. I have to send the original clip to the maker for proper sizing but removing the soft proprietary clip screws was a challenge. I had stripped the heads with ill fitting bits, so the the real star of today's story is the Screw Pliers M2.
8sT4ITjl.jpg

apCqCxFl.jpg

sWcnZkNl.jpg
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I wrote to Klotzli using their contact form the other day looking for guidance on their screws, particularly those attaching the clip. Perhaps they'll write back and say they designed the screws to be removed with Screw Pliers M2. :p

Glad you got them out without doing any damage. I'll be interested to see what your clip-maker comes up with, though I'm fine with the clip as is. I will pass along anything I glean from Klotzli regarding their screws.

Back