EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

9pHvvCM.jpg

Micarta Monday!

I've carried the Firetac for 15 days straight, I am no longer counting; but I do want to continue carrying knives for more than a day or two. I enjoyed getting to know it and I may switch it up tomorrow or not. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their Monday.

IMG_2167.JPG

Last edited:
Viper Belone for an overcast and breezy Monday afternoon. For anyone who’s curious, those screw heads under the clip don’t have any impact on drawing the knife out of a pocket. My personal observation is that Viper always gets the clip darn near perfect, and in this instance it’s no different. Glides in and out effortlessly.

yPkPIhN.jpg
PKESL5u.jpg

Viper Belone for an overcast and breezy Monday afternoon. For anyone who’s curious, those screw heads under the clip don’t have any impact on drawing the knife out of a pocket. My personal observation is that Viper always gets the clip darn near perfect, and in this instance it’s no different. Glides in and out effortlessly.

yPkPIhN.jpg
PKESL5u.jpg

Hi Z Zeroedin - Actually that's the updated model with improved clip. The original Beloné has the god awful clip resting on a proud screw head that made drawing the knife out of your pocket almost impossible.

How's the lock stick? That was also a big issue with the original which did not feature a carbonized lock, nor did it have a steel lock bar insert. If they fixed the issue, then I just might buy this again. It's a wonderful little EDC.

Hi Z Zeroedin - Actually that's the updated model with improved clip. The original Beloné has the god awful clip resting on a proud screw head that made drawing the knife out of your pocket almost impossible.

How's the lock stick? That was also a big issue with the original which did not feature a carbonized lock, nor did it have a steel lock bar insert. If they fixed the issue, then I just might buy this again. It's a wonderful little EDC.

Hey Mako109 Mako109 , thanks for the info. I wasn’t aware that they had revised the clip. I’d seen some early reviews that mentioned it, and then some that didn’t even touch on the subject....so I figured I’d just try it out myself.

As far as lock-stick, I hadn’t really noticed it until you mentioned it. Now, playing with it I see that it’s got a slightly “gritty” feel to it. Not sure how bad it was before, and I don’t know if what I’m experiencing is likely to work itself out with use....so I’m on the fence regarding an answer. Like I said, it’s a bit gritty now that I’m looking for it...but by no means difficult to disengage the lock.

Today was my first day with it, so maybe I can update you if/after it breaks in a little.

Regards,

Matt

Man, that brings back memories...my dad worked for PG&E for as long as I could remember and we always had giant spools around the backyard for tables. We even cut one down width wise so it was low enough to be a coffee table for my first apartment.
That’s awesome haha. We accumulate several of them. Hard to just throw them away. That and cardboard, can never have enough cardboard.
Most of the supply houses want the great big spools back so they can reuse them, if they cut the wire and spooled it for you
If you aren’t changing...I hope you are still at least showering. :confused::D Lol.
Haha. Every other day, saving water
I've carried the Firetac for 15 days straight, I am no longer counting; but I do want to continue carrying knives for more than a day or two. I enjoyed getting to know it and I may switch it up tomorrow or not. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their Monday.

View attachment 1532079
I’ve carried this Inkosi for quite a while also, not sure the days. Really helps you get to know the knife that way. I plan on swapping sometime, just not sure when

Hey Mako109 Mako109 , thanks for the info. I wasn’t aware that they had revised the clip. I’d seen some early reviews that mentioned it, and then some that didn’t even touch on the subject....so I figured I’d just try it out myself.

As far as lock-stick, I hadn’t really noticed it until you mentioned it. Now, playing with it I see that it’s got a slightly “gritty” feel to it. Not sure how bad it was before, and I don’t know if what I’m experiencing is likely to work itself out with use....so I’m on the fence regarding an answer. Like I said, it’s a bit gritty now that I’m looking for it...but by no means difficult to disengage the lock.

Today was my first day with it, so maybe I can update you if/after it breaks in a little.

Regards,

Matt

It will work itself out, but sounds like yours isn't too bad at all. Mine started off far worse. Many times I had to use two thumbs to disengage and a few times I even had to use a screwdriver. However, it did work itself out but took about three months of constant flicking. Otherwise I really love the knife. Wonderful blade shape and finish, and the orientation of that minimal flipper tab is genius.

A4335903-29B8-46BA-88F2-0CD6696CEE91.jpeg
Mail call! The AD15 is quite the opposite of what i normally look for in a folder but curiosity got the best of me (as well as a great deal). While thick and hefty isn't normally my thing its definitely an interesting design. We will see how long it sticks around.

Back